Seravalli: Klingberg fires his agent - now represented by Newport

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Whoops.

Newport will get him something good though, always good deals for their players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gotta imagine he was given advice to wait and he lost money on what is now offered vs before

Yup! Klingberg is not a complete D man. He's a younger version of Petry and these types need pieces like Eddy and Lindell to get the best out of them.

His agent was likely trying to sell him as a $8M+ D man when he is likely an above average 2nd pairing guy and a below average top pairing guy.

I actually like it when this happens. This going after max deals and max terms all the time is greed. Take a little less and still be a multi millionaire where you are set for life and you allow your team to be competitive in the salary cap.

If Klingberg got the $8M+ from the Stars, he should buy Lindell a new house and car. :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The offers, if any, must be pretty low.

Reality is setting in for those guys who want to be paid top dollar and the Covid cap is preventing the aggressive GM's from making any dumb moves.

Kadri on a 7 year deal at $9M from age 32-38? Come on man, you're not a sure shot pt/game player each and every year and your age is working against you over time. It's not the rest of the leagues fault you signed a value contract with the Leafs and have only become a UFA at age 32. Kadri has one 60 pts season prior to this past year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Reality is setting in for those guys who want to be paid top dollar and the Covid cap is preventing the aggressive GM's from making any dumb moves.

Kadri on a 7 year deal at $9M from age 32-38? Come on man, you're not a sure shot pt/game player each and every year and your age is working against you over time. It's not the rest of the leagues fault you signed a value contract with the Leafs and have only become a UFA at age 32. Kadri has one 60 pts season prior to this past year.

~30 ish is the worst time to become UFA . Too many of those long-term deals for guys went absolutely horrible. Even for star players like Karlson.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Klingberg (probably): I want 7 years, 9M+ and to be on a contender now go get me a contract.
Wallen: John, you gotta understand the market and cap...
Klingberg (probably): Hello Newport Sports.

Reactions: G Backup

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Also possible that Wallen was telling him to take one of the earlier offers but Klingberg overvalues himself and thinks he should be able to get more.

Everyone was pegging him at like 7x7 but maybe teams were offering a lot less and Klingberg thinks it's his agent's fault and not his or the market's.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Seattle blowing all their cap space and the Canucks failed trade put a serious dent on his options as of right now.

Probably frustrating for him that he goes from feeling unappreciated in Dallas to not getting the deal he wants with the entire league.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I thought Klingberg was super good? Have I been reading HF propaganda too much?

Now I'm reading in here that Nurse is better and he's a young Petry Jr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad