Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Did not watch past the mid second period. Just checked out the scoresheet. I hope Ando had some reason to instigate against their 16 year old first rounder. What was up with that?
To be honest, I have no explanation. Unless Belchetz got verbal, I saw no real reason for it.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Again, it’ll be a long season. MM has sent the message. The trading of Rehkopf and the amount of youth on this roster means that this season won’t be about wins but about development.
MM bought heavy the past couple of seasons probably when he didn’t have the team he thought he had. Committing to a complete rebuild was his only real move. I still say your coach will have a large impact on this team before year end or perhaps he to will be looking for work? Cheers hang in there ….

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
MM bought heavy the past couple of seasons probably when he didn’t have the team he thought he had. Committing to a complete rebuild was his only real move. I still say your coach will have a large impact on this team before year end or perhaps he to will be looking for work? Cheers hang in there ….
MM buying two years ago was a mistake.

Because of that, he pretty much had to blow it up way early this season. Trading Rehkopf when he did maximized the return. I doubt he gets that haul at the deadline - especially when you’ll likely see a few other elites hit the market.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I’m thinking you can attribute half the Windsor onslaught to the team dealing with the flu running through the room. When you have multiple players hitting the head every intermission the last couple games, that’s not nuthin.

I’m not saying we win the game last night otherwise. We have the youngest D in the league and flu or no flu, you won’t win many games.

Again, it’ll be a long season. MM has sent the message. The trading of Rehkopf and the amount of youth on this roster means that this season won’t be about wins but about development.
Agreed, Even. Should Erie and Windsor catch that flu, they will get to experience playing in that condition first hand.

My question is....did Windsor really need to jack up the score that high?? This isn't an international tournament where goals for can be significant in the standings. This a couple of games in for ^*&$ sake. What happened to the sportsmanship of backing off and riding out the win?

Super early in the season. We will welcome Windsor to Kitchener on November 22nd.

As for the grit that many including me were looking for, we certainly have seen that BUT now let's get back to hockey. Jussi and his coaching staff will NOT take these past two games lightly....flu or no flu.......and the boys had better step up and work their tails off in prep for next Friday.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
1. $500 to London 🤣🤣🤣
2. This is a continuation of exhibition. A lot of players are still in pro camps
3. Even in a season where we aren't competing for the same turf as London they are rent free in our heads
Yup.........I was surprised that a team can buy their player out of a suspension. I didn't realize that could be done and frankly, don't agree with it. You do the crime...you pay the crime.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Agreed, Even. Should Erie and Windsor catch that flu, they will get to experience playing in that condition first hand.

My question is....did Windsor really need to jack up the score that high?? This isn't an international tournament where goals for can be significant in the standings. This a couple of games in for ^*&$ sake. What happened to the sportsmanship of backing off and riding out the win?

Super early in the season. We will welcome Windsor to Kitchener on November 22nd.

As for the grit that many including me were looking for, we certainly have seen that BUT now let's get back to hockey. Jussi and his coaching staff will NOT take these past two games lightly....flu or no flu.......and the boys had better step up and work their tails off in prep for next Friday.
The way we played last night, sick and all, Windsor would have had a hard time not scoring.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Sunday Oct 15 2023. Maybe check the score of that game and ask the same question?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad