Value of: Kirill Kaprizov

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Backstory: Assume he won’t extend here next offseason, and he’s willing to get traded and extend with another team for that 8th year. What would you be willing to trade him for, or what deals could you see happening?

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
He's the Wild's best player possibly ever. So wild fans will want a crazy return and rightfully so. However, he's going to get around 11m/year so that limits the reaslistic amount of trade partners. My guess is he returns a 1st round pick, top 6 forward/D and a decent prospect

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
A consistent 40-goal scorer in his prime? Name the price, and someone will likely pay it. Even more if the Wild retain.

With retention, a competing team will empty the picks and prospects cupboards for him.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
oh why why why.

guys worth over $10m are going to be difficult to get a good return for--moreso if they are obviously planning on leaving and have little time under contract. limited partners available and they'd have to be a place that's confident he will re-sign with if they give up anything worthwhile.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
No way the Wild trade him or let him walk. They will sign him even it means trading a player or two.
The wild are kind of stuck being a mid/bubble team. Not sure he would agree to extend. Hope he does though

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Lafreniere, Kakko, Trouba for Kaprizov.

Who says no?

Rangers free up $3m and get a star for 2 seasons to compete. The Wild get a very good young winger, a guy that needs a change but could still thrive and Trouba who could be flipped to elsewhere as someone would take him, especially with retention.

It won't happen but still.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Who says no?

Rangers free up $3m and get a star for 2 seasons to compete. The Wild get a very good young winger, a guy that needs a change but could still thrive and Trouba who could be flipped to elsewhere as someone would take him, especially with retention.

It's pretty obvious the Wild would say no to that

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

Who says no?

Take Trouba out and Rags still have to add a pick probably or Miller. Trouba is not a positive add it's more like they will have to add 1st pick for team to take him.

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He's the Wild's best player possibly ever. So wild fans will want a crazy return and rightfully so. However, he's going to get around 11m/year so that limits the reaslistic amount of trade partners. My guess is he returns a 1st round pick, top 6 forward/D and a decent prospect
Star players never return as much as we'd expect. Even an extended Pacioretty didn't fetch that much, Montreal just lucked out that Suzuki turned into a higher-end player, when he could as well have topped out like a guy like Eller did.

I'd look at the Karlsson return from SJ to Ottawa, as a start, keeping in mind how prospects were rated at the time and how draft pick placement wasn't certain, and that would be the absolute max return.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Star players never return as much as we'd expect. Even an extended Pacioretty didn't fetch that much, Montreal just lucked out that Suzuki turned into a higher-end player, when he could as well have topped out like a guy like Eller did.

I'd look at the Karlsson return from SJ to Ottawa, as a start, keeping in mind how prospects were rated at the time and how draft pick placement wasn't certain, and that would be the absolute max return.
No offense but Pacioretty is nothing like Kaprizov. Guy drives the wild offense he's almost 2x better.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
No offense but Pacioretty is nothing like Kaprizov. Guy drives the wild offense he's almost 2x better.
Which is why I compared him to Karlsson for actual value.

Pacioretty was mentioned because the return wasn't that hot despite him being a consistent 30+ goal scorer with an extended contract.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Which is why I compared him to Karlsson for actual value.

Pacioretty was mentioned because the return wasn't that hot despite him being a consistent 30+ goal scorer with an extended contract.

You got a replacement winger, two years younger, who had produced at 70% of Pacioretty's rate the three years prior to the trade, a center prospect who had just gone 13th overall the summer prior, and a 2nd. The return was fine for what Pacioretty was.

Actual value should be closer to Karlsson, because like Karlsson, and unlike Pacioretty, Kaprizov is a true transformative, elite, top end player at his position. I still don't see what Pacioretty has to do with this conversation.

The closest comp I could find to the Pacioretty trade in 5 mins of research would be something like Jordan Kyrou, Dalibor Dvorsky and a 2nd from St Louis.

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

Who says no?

Trouba says no

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
We'll probably have to include someone like Peterka, a center prospect and 1st, in the deal.
Peterka obviously replaces a decent bit of their lost goal scoring but I wonder if they’d be inclined to make the Jack Quinn gamble theirs instead.

Quinn+Ostlund vs Peterka+Wahlberg etc

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would think Kaprizov would return something similar to the Tkachuk deal. Maybe a bit less once he’s older now.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Peterka obviously replaces a decent bit of their lost goal scoring but I wonder if they’d be inclined to make the Jack Quinn gamble theirs instead.

Quinn+Ostlund vs Peterka+Wahlberg etc

If they're looking to get a package of younger guys for him, let's call it

Peterka/Cozens
Ostlund/Kulich/Helenius
1st, protected

That's relatively close to what the Sabres got for Eichel, and should be what the Wild look for in a futures focused package

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00