Proposal: Kings/Isles - Griess for a 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
With Kings goalie situation lately they could use a solid (healthy) goalie who can hold them over and also play well for longer stretches if necessary. Griess is a good option and his salary is 1.5M for just this year. I understand the Kings are up against the cap and would need to create cap room even at 1.5M, but the foundation of a deal makes sense for both teams so that the Isles can finally get rid of their 3-headed goalie nightmare which all 3 goalies have admitted to not liking.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Personally, I don't think it's wise for a team that hopes to do damage in the playoffs to give up their best goalie from the prior season for nothing more than a 3rd rounder.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Even though I don't think the Kings are actively looking for a goalie because Zatkoff is out short-term, the value is there and I think this is something that would be at least considered.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Hey, this is a good proposal - the first Kings goalie trade proposal in the last few weeks that didn't make me immediately retch!

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I'd rather offer up Halak to them over Greiss. Same return would even be OK.

I'd rather keep Jaro, who has a year left on his contract, and whose contract aligns with Sorokin coming to NA. Who knows how much we'd have to pay Greiss when he becomes a free agent? Probably more $ and more term than what's necessary.

I would make this trade.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
but we just signed Lindback to a 5 game contract in the AHL

giphy.gif

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I can already see it. Halak will be run down to injury again. It would be much better to get rid of Halak's contract. Should not care about the return, just get rid of it.
Before trading Greiss, Halak should be on waivers with the chance to free more cap. There will be many opportunities this year when cap space is needed.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
NYI are carrying 3 goalies because Snow is worried about Halak's durability. In case Halak gets injured, I'd prefer Greiss/Gibson to Berube/Gibson, and it's not close.

So, while I understand why Kings fans prefer this deal to a Berube deal, I would pass.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
With Kings goalie situation lately they could use a solid (healthy) goalie who can hold them over and also play well for longer stretches if necessary. Griess is a good option and his salary is 1.5M for just this year. I understand the Kings are up against the cap and would need to create cap room even at 1.5M, but the foundation of a deal makes sense for both teams so that the Isles can finally get rid of their 3-headed goalie nightmare which all 3 goalies have admitted to not liking.

Even though an extra pick is always nice to have come draft time, if the return is not something that helps my team get to the finals I am not interested. Maybe put together a larger deal . The isles have the asset .
This trade helps the Kings not the isles. It's nice to hold the chips for once.
Not saying trading Greiss gets a piece that puts us over the top. I just want us to be better after the trade not worse off

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Can't move Greiss, at least not for a 3rd. A 2nd I'd consider, but even then it's too risky. I'd prefer to just lose Berube to waivers if we have to get rid of one(which we do, at some point).

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
None of the islanders goalies will be traded for a pick. They are in win now mode. They will package a goalie with their own picks/prospects to get a top 6 wing.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Send Berube back to LA. If Halak goes down Greiss has proved he can be the guy. He's worth more to us than draft pic

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Considering how often Halak gets hurt moving Greiss (who has been fantastic for us) for only a 3rd wouldn't be something I'd get behind. If we trade a goalie it should be Berube.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad