Confirmed Signing with Link: [KHL] Michael McLeod signs one year deal with Kazhakhstan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
He's not entitled to a job as a hockey player, there are plenty of other jobs he could do.

Just curious who you think might hire him? Not sure any employer, even McDonalds, would hire someone with that kind of public attention pointing out his sins?

Would you hire him?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Just curious who you think might hire him? Not sure any employer, even McDonalds, would hire someone with that kind of public attention pointing out his sins?

Would you hire him?
You would be surprised, unfortunately. There are people who believe in the right to do exactly what is alleged without any punishment, and more than a few of them own (and/or hire for) businesses. And that doesnt count for people who are unaware of the situation or dying on the “innocent until proven otherwise” hill (for reference, I believe in that principle too but not to the point that I would personally hire Michael McLeod lol)

Reactions: luiginb

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
On the other hand, if he wants to stay in Russia to avoid any sort of criminal prosecution, then I guess have fun living the rest of his life in Russia with no hope of ever returning to friends and family in Canada.
If you were given the option of living as a millionaire free man in Russia or going to jail for 3-8 years and then living as an ex con in your home country, you would choose the latter?

Its a shame the legal system is such that a guy can keep getting paid millions, then be free to leave the country to pursue any type of career. He should be working midnights at Circle K until he finally gets put in jail where he belongs
I believe it has something to do with the innocent till proven guilty thing

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Would you hire him?

If Bettman/league cleared him to return, there will be teams willing to sign him. Oilers would fall over themselves for a young potential 3C. Not that they should. There's a ton of employed people out there with criminal records. Right now he's not even convicted. He'd find employment somewhere.

If he's convicted I hope he's never given the chance to be an NHL player again. If he's acquitted teams will sign him and he'll make millions in his career.

Last edited:

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I really couldn’t give less of a shit about the player or what he’s involved in lmao. I didn’t realize the case was still a thing or relevant

Clearly not a big enough of a deal if this is the first time I am hearing about it!
How is it the first time you heard about it when your origb al comment was still a thing meaning you knew about it before hand.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If you were given the option of living as a millionaire free man in Russia or going to jail for 3-8 years and then living as an ex con in your home country, you would choose the latter?

Careful by stating the actual law you might be seen as defending Mcleod.:propeller

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
How is it the first time you heard about it when your origb al comment was still a thing meaning you knew about it before hand.
Simple - my guess is they are almost-constantly lying in order to present things in a particilar way and, when you tug at any given thread, it all unravels
Careful by stating the actual law you might be seen as defending Mcleod.:propeller
Technically the law only protects McLeod’s right to work - not necessarily his ability to find work/the willingness of private employers to hire him. Which, to be fair, is what was being discussed… but that nuance isnt always appreciated despite being the thing that determines how things play out IRL

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Its a shame the legal system is such that a guy can keep getting paid millions, then be free to leave the country to pursue any type of career. He should be working midnights at Circle K until he finally gets put in jail where he belongs
You would think if someone facing that charge would not be allowed to leave the country, I bet the average person would.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
McLeod is the scummiest of scum. Led the gang-rape of a poor girl, filmed her and forced her - while she was in tears - to say she gave them consent. Absolute f***ing scumbag, and he should be in prison right now, not playing hockey with a contract anywhere on this planet. He's free to play hockey in hell when he gets there.
You have proof of all the things you mentioned ?

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

The whole innocent before proven guilty, only applies to certain people these days.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
didnt he get charged and not allowed to leave the country? they are still ding investigations or fighting it right? I dunno I find this kinda weird. how could he be allowed to leave unless maybe he's been cleared of charges? I dont get it

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
They should be allowed to make a living while awaiting trial… but they probably shouldn‘t be able to travel to countries without an extradition treaty.
IDK how the law works in Canada but I’d guess that they look at a number of things when making the determination that someone is or isn’t a flight risk, including ties to the community and ties or lack thereof abroad.

No disrespect to Kazakhstan but I bet McLeod would rather come back to Canada for his trial than live the rest of his life as a fugitive in Kazakhstan. Also think he probably made a compelling case that he doesn’t have any real opportunity to practice his trade in NA at the moment.

With your Avatar and what you just said I can't not link this video.

RIP Timmy O’toole

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

He isn't necessarily free to leave for anywhere though. I highly doubt he'd be let go to a country with which Canada has no extradition treaty.

didnt he get charged and not allowed to leave the country? they are still ding investigations or fighting it right? I dunno I find this kinda weird. how could he be allowed to leave unless maybe he's been cleared of charges? I dont get it
He isn'T getting paid is he's not showing up.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Kind of a dick thing to say, just because someone works at circle K you think they deserve having to work with this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium