Proposal: Kessel (@3.4aav) for Janmark and Korczak

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Vegas badly needs some PP help. Tuch is gone now. Eichel isn’t going to help for some time. Janmark hasn’t helped them. Kessel obviously is still an elite PP performer. He was on pace for 28g/82gp on an absolutely awful AZ team last season. He’s still got it.

The Coyotes added some nice AHL-ready LD prospects this summer in Kolyachonok on JJ Moser. Adding Kaeden Korczak to the right-side in Tucson really helps shore things up on the depth chart for the Yotes.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vegas can't take salary on.

When healthy:
Pacioretty Eichel Stone
Marchessault Karlsson Smith
Stephenson Patrick Dadonov

It's likely one of these players (Marchessault/Smith/Dadonov) goes to clear cap but they can't take on Kessel's contract (even at 50%) right now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kessel would have to go through another team that retains another 50% on him for Vegas to even dream of affording him.

In reality, they'll likely have to trade 2 of Marchessault, Smith and Dadonov and replace them with dirt cheap rentals. I think Kessel at 25% may even be too much.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Kessel would have to go through another team that retains another 50% on him for Vegas to even dream of affording him.

In reality, they'll likely have to trade 2 of Marchessault, Smith and Dadonov and replace them with dirt cheap rentals. I think Kessel at 25% may even be too much.

No. Not 2.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't know that Vegas can bank enough prorated cap space to be able to afford to only trade one of them and be cap compliant, unless they trade one of them literally right now.

If they do the 18 skaters thing and send Rondbjerg, Miromanov & Leschyshyn up/down they could probably clear enough cap after moving guys like Janmark, Carrier, Howden or Coghlan who take up too much daily cap space.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If everyone is healthy come March, won't Vegas need to clear whatever the prorated amount of 8 mil is at that time to activate Eichel?

10m in addition to moving Tuch is overkill. It's more likely they move one 5m contract, and chip away at the rest of players making too much, going with a 20 or 21 man roster + AHL call ups every game day.

Or someone else gets injured and LTIR'd. Which seems likely given their injury luck this year. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad