Value of: Keller to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I’d say Batherson and Keller are equal contracts aside. So what would you you want for a 8mil per year Batherson? Probably more then what you’d give.

Reactions: YP44

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The Coyotes have said they are willing to take on cap or bad contracts for picks to help facilitate trades. Not that they will retain actual cash on long term deals. They only have 1 retention slot left.

If Ottawa (Melnyk) is still trying to rid themselves of Matt Murray's contract, the Coyotes might be able to act as facilitator, because they are actively looking to take on contracts that extend beyond this year to help them get to the capfloor next season. (The Coyotes don't want Murray and won't retain on him, at least not for cheap)

Otherwise, these are non-playoff teams that are not looking to spend a lot of money. Probably not good trade partners.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
With 1 retention spot right now? Can't see them retaining for that long. Don't think 2022 1st is enough to get a deal done here since Arizona has no reason to move on from Keller.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Keller is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Perhaps if he can sustain this level and doesn't get recognition.

Last 3 seasons he was bad and looked disinterested, the criticism was justified. This season he has been completely different player and it shows, with better coach he is looking better than he has ever been and is actually fun player to watch

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Perhaps if he can sustain this level and doesn't get recognition.

Last 3 seasons he was bad and looked disinterested, the criticism was justified. This season he has been completely different player and it shows, with better coach he is looking better than he has ever been and is actually fun player to watch
I totally agree that he's been poor, but he's still so obviously talented.

Reactions: FinnishCoyote

Ledge And Dairy

What would it take for the Ottawa Senators to get Clayton Keller?

Would Arizona eat $2 million in cap/Salary if Ottawa paid a 1st round pick?

Only prospect that is untouchable is Sanderson. Sorry.
Paid a 1sr round pick to get him or paid a 1st just for the retention? Either way there is no chance Arizona is putting themselves down to 1 retention slot for 6 years.

Keller will cost you a fortune like Sanderson or this years 1st is a must include

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I would give up our 1st for Keller regardless of retention (probably with top 5 protection) but I think there are better, more realistic targets for us out there.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Would think a Schmaltz for White deal made more sense? Ottawa gets the better player but takes on an extra year and higher cap. Also 14M in actual cash which may be an issue. Arizona sheds a year and over 1M off the cap and 14M in cash which seems to be a bigger plus for them. Both players get a kinda needed change of scenery even though Schmaltz is playing a bit better this season.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Would think a Schmaltz for White deal made more sense? Ottawa gets the better player but takes on an extra year and higher cap. Also 14M in actual cash which may be an issue. Arizona sheds a year and over 1M off the cap and 14M in cash which seems to be a bigger plus for them. Both players get a kinda needed change of scenery even though Schmaltz is playing a bit better this season.

I think White to Arizona makes a ton of sense, even if Schmaltz isn't going the other way. I've said that in a number of threads. Arizona can give him playing time that Ottawa just can't.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Paid a 1sr round pick to get him or paid a 1st just for the retention? Either way there is no chance Arizona is putting themselves down to 1 retention slot for 6 years.

Keller will cost you a fortune like Sanderson or this years 1st is a must include

I was thinking more along the lines of

Greig, Brannstrom, White(for cap reasons) and a pick,

The pick would be upgraded to a 1st, top 1 protected) if there was retention.

If hes not available okay. If Arizona wouldnt retain, okay.

Just wanted to know if it was feasible?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Nice package but the time to buy low on Keller was last year. I think, fundamentally, this idea is flawed from the simple standpoint that Keller is not realistically being looked to move. We know everybody in AZ has a price but unless you knock their socks off, there’s little incentive for the Coyotes to consider something like this. He’s been over a PPG the past two months, he’s still really young and although he’s pricey it’s not like that is a concern for a team that has admitted it will take on salary headaches (for assets) at the deadline.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Keller's development was stunted with Tocchet behind the helm as he wanted to play more defensively. Tourigny has them playing more of a open style and Keller is showing his talents every night. I doubt he's available for anything short of a blue-chip 1C +

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I would think that pick would have to be a first without retention.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I think White to Arizona makes a ton of sense, even if Schmaltz isn't going the other way. I've said that in a number of threads. Arizona can give him playing time that Ottawa just can't.
Coyotes likely looking to get out from under Schmaltz' deal even though he's a decent player and could be very good as a 2nd liner for a playoff team. Taking on White's contract, unless it comes with a very nice addition in return for next to nothing is the only way the Coyotes would consider White. Sens could probably get a better offer for White elsewhere.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
There's only one player on the Sens who I would trade Keller for, and his name rhymes with Stutzle (not a lot of things rhyme with Stutzle okay?). And even then there would need to be a 1st at least included if you want retention.

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Coyotes likely looking to get out from under Schmaltz' deal even though he's a decent player and could be very good as a 2nd liner for a playoff team. Taking on White's contract, unless it comes with a very nice addition in return for next to nothing is the only way the Coyotes would consider White. Sens could probably get a better offer for White elsewhere.
I'd rather buyout White than trade him for Schmaltz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad