News Article: Kassian to have hearing with league (Suspended 2 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think the big difference between us and Calgary is when our player does something stupid we often understand why they did it but still call the player out for doing something dumb.

Calgary just bends over backwards to say their guy is super good and could never do ANYTHING wrong.

Like when Nurse went after Polak. We saw that in the heat of the moment he thought he was in the right but was really in the wrong. And we would say that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I think the game on the 29th will be a pretty listless game without much animosity. NHL will be watching and no one will want to take a stupid penalty.

Its also a back to back for Calgary and first after the break for Edmonton.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I think the game on the 29th will be a pretty listless game without much animosity. NHL will be watching and no one will want to take a stupid penalty.

Its also a back to back for Calgary and first after the break for Edmonton.
I fully agree. I think we'll see Kassian make a hit or two, that are legitimately clean against the boards. Nothing jaw dropping. Then, one open ice hit that will be called immediately and the refs will call it that way to control it from there on out.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
75CC8007-DF08-4A2F-BDEA-39EB1812F6C3.gif

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Might we see a scouted opening shift hit much like the one he dished on McKinnon earlier this earlier. Spotted a tendency of McKinnon's and dished out a vicious hit on the first shift. I hope so. And it doesn't need to be on Tkachuk, any of Calgary's best 5 players will do.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Might we see a scouted opening shift hit much like the one he dished on McKinnon earlier this earlier. Spotted a tendency of McKinnon's and dished out a vicious hit on the first shift. I hope so. And it doesn't need to be on Tkachuk, any of Calgary's best 5 players will do.

That’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Reactions: Consultant

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yup. Kass may think he now has a clearer picture of what the league allows as far as hits, but he’s kidding himself. Every game is reffed differently, every suspendable act is assessed differently. Zero chance he walks away with nothing if he makes similar hits on guys. Especially if they milk it and stay in the fetal position on the ice for a while. His biggest mistake in all of this was doing the honorable thing and not staying down. Likely a different outcome if he stayed on the ice for a bit. And not that I’m suggesting he should of, but that’s the way it appears you get the leagues attention these days.
No Bob...I disagree. I think the League has a clear picture of what is legal and what is not and the refs enforce the rules consistently and without prejudice. For example, this is worth a game misconduct:

Here's the major to get your blood boiling again.

g8TdmGy.gif

This gets you 5, a game and two more for good measure:

And this is perfectly legal and sanctioned by the league:

How much clearer could they be??

(Just in case it was not clear :facepalm:)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No Bob...I disagree. I think the League has a clear picture of what is legal and what is not and the refs enforce the rules consistently and without prejudice. For example, this is worth a game misconduct:

This gets you 5, a game and two more for good measure:

And this is perfectly legal and sanctioned by the league:

How much clearer could they be??

(Just in case it was not clear :facepalm:)

The more I see that hit on Kassian the more it pisses me off. :shakehead

Reactions: KYams17

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Hopefully they also sent video of the suspendable blindside headshot Sam Bennett threw on Draisaitl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad