Proposal: Kane for Fabbro

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Forget 4 pieces. Nashville has been linked to Kane.

Kane for Fabbro. Done

Heck Sabres can add a B prospect if need be.
Nashville can throw the Sabres a 2019 2nd rounder if they make the Cup finals or resign Kane.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

Kane for Fabbro. Done

Nashville can throw the Sabres a 2019 2nd rounder if they make the Cup finals or resign Kane.
We have to add something for Fabbro, not exactly sure what and if Fabbro is available but I wish he is and Botts is in on him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Unless Poile thinks Fabbro isn't going to be what he thought he might be I doubt he does it. With Girard traded the farm team isn't that deep.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think the preds would rather trade a 1st because fabbro will be closer to the NHL and will extend their window.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Poile is likely doing alot of calculations in his head. We trade fabbro if we are confident we can resign Ellis as well as the person we traded fabbro for. I don't think he'd trade fabbro for a straight up rental. Poile doing cap crunching numbers in his head. We would likely be able to resign Kane but then that could create issues with resigning Ellis and fiala. Granted pekkas contract will be up and saros is looking like he will be ready for prime time by then so there are some cap savings. We could probably trade Craig Smith when he has one year left to make room for fiala and Ellis especially if tolvanen is ready to go.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Or
Poile is likely doing alot of calculations in his head. We trade fabbro if we are confident we can resign Ellis as well as the person we traded fabbro for. I don't think he'd trade fabbro for a straight up rental. Poile doing cap crunching numbers in his head. We would likely be able to resign Kane but then that could create issues with resigning Ellis and fiala. Granted pekkas contract will be up and saros is looking like he will be ready for prime time by then so there are some cap savings. We could probably trade Craig Smith when he has one year left to make room for fiala and Ellis especially if tolvanen is ready to go.
Possibly drop bones

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
We have to add something for Fabbro, not exactly sure what and if Fabbro is available but I wish he is and Botts is in on him.
Stop being reasonable. There’s no room for people like you around here.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Stop being reasonable. There’s no room for people like you around here.
I mentioned my offer in the other thread

Kane (50%)
2018 2nd (almost surely in the 32 to 34 range)
Marcus Davidsson (decent C prospect)

For

Fabbro
2018 1st (likely in the 24 to 31 range)
Conditional 2nd 2019 or 2020 if Kane re-signs

I find it fair value-wise and on our end it certainly works.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I mentioned my offer in the other thread

Kane (50%)
2018 2nd (almost surely in the 32 to 34 range)
Marcus Davidsson (decent C prospect)

For

Fabbro
2018 1st (likely in the 24 to 31 range)
Conditional 2nd 2019 or 2020 if Kane re-signs

I find it fair value-wise and on our end it certainly works.

I just don't see Nashville trading Fabbro AND their 1st. Complicates things.
Kane at 50% plus a prospect for Fabbro.
We can send a D prospect like Fitzgerald.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
They are just moving down probably around 6-7 spots and quite possibly as little as 3-4 spots if they reach the finals and we finish where everyone expects us - 2nd from bottom. In the late 20s, early 30s that is not so much of a downgrade. Right now Id rather trade away a bit of C prospect depth in Davidsson or Pu than D prospect depth in Borgen or Fitzgerald but Davidsson+Kane is too much for just Fabbro, hence the small pick upgrade.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I would add a nice piece to JVR for Fabbro. And I value JVR higher than Kane, as their production is the same and Kane is a headcase.

JVR @50% + 2nd/Bracco/Timishov

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
They are just moving down probably around 6-7 spots and quite possibly as little as 3-4 spots if they reach the finals and we finish where everyone expects us - 2nd from bottom. In the late 20s, early 30s that is not so much of a downgrade. Right now Id rather trade away a bit of C prospect depth in Davidsson or Pu than D prospect depth in Borgen or Fitzgerald but Davidsson+Kane is too much for just Fabbro, hence the small pick upgrade.

Understood. Lots of ways to make it work.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site

I would add a nice piece to JVR for Fabbro. And I value JVR higher than Kane, as their production is the same and Kane is a headcase.

JVR @50% + 2nd/Bracco/Timishov

Wait, why does Nashville want to pay a premium on either guy for salary retention? They have plenty of cap space at the deadline to add any expiring contract they want.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina

Kane for Fabbro. Done

You sir have done it. You have made the worst proposal of all-time. Why in the world, would we give up our Top defensive prospect for a cancerous player, who would only stay for a little bit and then leave once the season ends. Stop making Kane to Nashville proposals they are all garbage and I don't care about "Oh he gets points" he hasn't played playoff hockey once, and Poile will not be making that stupid of an mistake. If this roster needs anything, it's depth like we did last year with acquiring Fiddler, and Parenteau.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Kane (50%) retained
Will Borgen, D
Justin Bailey, RW

-for-

Fabbro D
2019 3rd round pick (becomes 2nd if Kane re-signs)
We can make the value work, the question hinges on whether Fabbro is at all available and whether NSH likes Kane and we don't know the answer to either for sure. :(

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Zero interest at all in Kane. I wouldn't agree to the deal even if it was simply Kane for future considerations. Kane is a locker room disruption that the Preds organization does not need.

Hell.....I'd rather play McLeod on the 1st line than trade for Kane, that's how much interest I have in Kane.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Kane for Fabbro. Done

Not happening zero chance of David Poile trading Danta Fabbro for a pending UFA in Evander Kane. Even with an extension i'd he'd do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad