Speculation: Kaliyev trade...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Chicken and egg...

Unless his name is Brett Hull and can score 50 from his one dimensional play, Kaliyev will need to do more. Be more.

You can have a legitimate argument that he wasn't shown what was expected from him. Then all failure is on coaching. But if Kaliyev did not WANT to play a more complete game, it's all on him.

As an outsider, I don't know which version is true and to what extend. I do know that he's going to get a fair shake and lots of coaching, but if he does not respond, he's going to learn how to make paper airplanes from the stands.

As mentioned above--he did great when coaching coached. When put up the lineup with dudes who complement his weaknesses, he thrived. Imagine looking at these numbers and banishing him:

1718669093359.png

1718669144721.png

1718669193633.png

You don't think it's a coaching problem that he can skate around with a fellow youngster in the top six to the tune of controlling 2/3 of play and 100% of the GF share...and then gets literally benched?

You don't think it's a coaching problem that a line practically tailor-made for him in Danault and Moore can dominate even against hard competition and dzone starts...and then put him back with PLD?

You don't think it's a coaching problem that his metrics suffered when he got jammed back with the guys that can't gain a zone entry, sustain a forecheck, and have the lowest shooting % and save % on the team, and the solution is to bench him instead of move him back to success?

even with that banishment his metrics and xGF were tops on the team, and that's while playing most of his time with the guys at the bottom of the chart.

1718670272122.png

Sure, he has to perform, and a goal scorer needs to score more goals. But there's this growing misconception that he's some ineffective floater and strange pushback to the idea that his usage is a problem, people are trying to blame him more than the org and I don't like it, especially given what the actual data says (and, to me, it reinforces the eye test). I'm not just gonna sit here and let outsiders pretend Kaliyev sucks more than the organization's usage of him.

The argument is just a nebulous "he doesn't fit" which is MUCH more of an indictment of the Kings than him and the people that are making it are going to look f***ing stupid next year.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

start at about 6:00 minutes in

funny timing, i was literally in the process of listening to you say that in the 6/3 podcast

too bad i'm now sidetracked by daryl taking pot shots at fans again

i think you were pretty fair to arty but daryl being representative of the FO makes me want to punch children

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Kaliyev 'doesnt fit' but PLD needs for the coaches to a better job of 'incorporating him into the game', lmfao. give me whatever paint BLUC are huffing because that shit must be good. i hope whatever team he signs with treats him better than this dogshit front office has so far

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I’m sorry, please tell me that I didn’t just read that Kaliyev needs to do more while we have someone in the roster who has no f***ing heart in almost every shift.

Reactions: Schmooley

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Kaliyev 'doesnt fit' but PLD needs for the coaches to a better job of 'incorporating him into the game', lmfao. give me whatever paint BLUC are huffing because that shit must be good. i hope whatever team he signs with treats him better than this dogshit front office has so far
they're just so set in these idyllic "rules" oh we know what we have since he's played near 200 games, we know what we have cause we have a plan that extends X years

no room for creativity or change, they just want a zombie hockey team of yes men that do what they're told. too bad when they do what they're told, it's not good enough anyway, the all show no go lewis/lizotte/laferriere's get their proverbial dicks sucked

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
That makes a lot of sense.

It wont be a major add, somethinv like a 3rd/4th if he scores 20+ goals.

A trade for Struble would be low risk vs who he being traded for. So the balance would be adding some conditionals on it.

I can't see any serious organization trying to limit a guy who they want to ignite and build on by limiting his ice time so he can't score. A 3rd/4th is not as valuable as getting Kaliyev to the next level. It just takes a bit of the sting of the GM who made it.

I would give Kaliyev, a go with Kopi and Kempe babysitting first thing in pre season.

Many good points and few that are a bridge too far... Lol, Dwight Kings board work but I saw the clarification.

Maybe for the team not the fans, they couldn't really blame PLD and needed for other players to step up or not make any mistakes a bit of transference went

onto Kaliyev's shoulders.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If that actually happens that's another black mark on Blake and another mishandling of a prospect, still suprising he hasn't been moved
How reliable is the source? Genuine question as they are unknown to me.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
can't speak to the source but i think there may be a connection there since larionov is the coach of torpedo, his son whose instagram that's from plays for him there, and from what i see they both played detroit-area junior albeit a couple years apart, OHL same time

Reactions: chris kontos

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
Have no idea, sounds just like option for him but I guess with players from over there or have ties theres always a chance. It also could be a leverage move, by him saying hey I ask for trade months ago, I have options.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
that would really be a shame to lose him overseas after drafting and "developing" him because of this systems obsession

probably can make a great living for himself doing it though
It would actually be much better for the Kings if Kaliyev went to the KHL. As a RFA they would retain his rights, and should he thrive there is a pretty damn good shot that management here would be gone by the time a KHL deal expired.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It would actually be much better for the Kings if Kaliyev went to the KHL. As a RFA they would retain his rights, and should he thrive there is a pretty damn good shot that management here would be gone by the time a KHL deal expired.
Good idea prob beyond the mental acuity of the Kings w no clothes (ie Bluc) Essentially Khliyev would be better than Caliyev

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i imagine enough garbage bags stuffed with cash probably keeps a man there though

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I’m an Arty truther. I’m sure this guy has been the source for multiple leaks to the fake press that have clowned the crew in charge.

Couple years ago it leaks that some highly touted kids think they are being blocked by guys who are overpaid and underperforming. Soon after, Kaliyev is a projected top six wing according to the GM.

Pravda laps up the reports of Arty staying in LA over the summer and pumps his tires, obviously looking for a trade. No trade happens and the guy is buried on and off the ice by the multiple hacks in charge and in the marketing department.

Once the team shits the bed around the new year, Arty is officially hung out to dry and criticized for stupid garbage like not wanting to be here and blowing assignments. While in reality, the guys getting overpaid are leading the team to the ditch.

Look up wasted resources in the dictionary, and you’ll see a picture of Rob Blake, with Kaliyev as a top footnote.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Turcotte - Byfield - Kaliyev
Moore - Danault - Fagemo

Do it Todd Jim you coward
Pretty much anything that plays the kids. They won't do it to that extent, and it probably is too kid heavy; but I don't care, because I don't expect them to compete :laugh:

Hopefully Byfield and Kopitar are interchangeable this season and we start to see Byfield take the reins more. I would like to see Kopitar's minutes reduced across the board.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
If kaliyev winds up in the khl, lets hope he goes somewhere that has electricity and running water

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad