Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Fairbrother and Mailloux too!
We can eventually trade some of these guys for blue chip forward prospects too
Edit: Oops saw that you wrote LD, never mind

I hit reply to my own post instead of « edit ». Time to go to bed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like this guy, but he should have another year in junior. Would be nice if he developed his offensive game more before coming here.

CHL for one more year and one more WJC where he really has his coming out party. This is a good development path for a guy who only played 12 games in his age 18 season.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
If you can give him a top 6 spot and he helps the team, I don’t see how we would « ruin his development ». This varies from one player to the other. Some players might be helped by increasing the level of competition. If we think he’s better then Kulak or Wideman and he helps the team win, go for it, at least a 9 game tryout.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If you can give him a top 6 spot and he helps the team, I don’t see how we would « ruin his development ». This varies from one player to the other. If we think he’s better then Kulak or Wideman and he helps the team win, go for it, at least a 9 game tryout.
Because, he didn't play a lot of game last years and we want him to dominate especially offensively for a whole season before.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Because, he didn't play a lot of game last years and we want him to dominate especially offensively for a whole season before.

Do we though? Who knows if going back down is gonna accelerate or decelerate his development path. There are examples on both sides.

Ice the best lineup possible, but make sure your young players get enough TOI to improve. A 6D gets enough ice time, it’s not like bringing up a rookie forward and giving them 4th line duty 7 mins per night.

Edit : to be clear I’m not saying he’s NHL ready, didn’t see enough of him yet.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Do we though? Who knows if going back down is gonna accelerate or decelerate his development path. There are examples on both sides.

Ice the best lineup possible, but make sure your young players get enough TOI to improve. A 6D gets enough ice time, it’s not like bringing up a rookie forward and giving them 4th line duty 7 mins per night.

Edit : to be clear I’m not saying he’s NHL ready, didn’t see enough of him yet.
Why would it decelerate his development path ? I never saw a player that going dominate in JNR decelerate his path, especially for a player like Guhle that didn't dominate that league yet

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Why would it decelerate his development path ? I never saw a player that going dominate in JNR decelerate his path, especially for a player like Guhle that didn't dominate that league yet

Ok I’ll bite. Was sending Patrice Bergeron down at 18 y/o the good decision? He didn’t dominate junior but was deemed NHL ready, and he was absolutely dominant and above peers the year after at the WJC (lockout year). Brent Burns? I can find tons of example. It really depends on the player.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think he’s the bluest chip prospect we have tbh. See him as a can’t miss NHLer and future stalwart on the back end for years. He’s not flashy but he’s going to be the anchor like Weber was and future leader. Never seen anything in his game I didn’t like. If he can shore up his offensive game, hooboy, he’ll be a top D no issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
What I see yestarday (I know it's just one game of pre-season), but his tools is impressive. He is going to be a top pairing defenseman. The fact that he really good at defensive zone and like hitting it's pretty good, but with his passing ability, skating ability with his size, that's a top pairing defenseman in my mind.

Romanov too have potential to become top pairing defenseman, two different defenseman, but they are similar at passing ability, hitting ability, mobility ability and they both have great skating ability.

Guhle is more a prototype of Weber/McDonagh/Foote.
Romanov is more a prototype of Kronwall/Orlov/Doughty type of player.

Reactions: bopeep

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Ok I’ll bite. Was sending Patrice Bergeron down at 18 y/o the good decision? He didn’t dominate junior but was deemed NHL ready, and he was absolutely dominant and above peers the year after at the WJC (lockout year). Brent Burns? I can find tons of example. It really depends on the player.
I don't understand your point ? I just said that I never saw a player decelerate his development path returning junior, and you give me exemple of players that stayed in NHL at 19

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I don't understand your point ? I just said that I never saw a player decelerate his development path returning junior, and you give me exemple of players that stayed in NHL at 19

My point is. Some players develop more rapidly playing in the NHL in their teen years. Bergeron is a prime example of this, he had an explosive development in the 18 months between his draft and the WJC, while not having the prime offensive deployment and ice time he would have had in juniors.

Is Bergeron as good a player at 19 y/o if he plays in the Q that year ? Doubtful. You can never be certain though, one way or the other.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
He can play in the NHL right now , however for the growth of his offensive game he can only benefit from playing against his own age group and dominating those leagues.

The time frame to include him in our defense is 3 years from now at the expiry of Edmunston's contract. No harm will be done by letting him marinate in WHL/AHL until then. He can already play D, now let him work on being a 40/50 pts D.

The guy that should be making the jump next year is Norlinder....to replace Chiarot...he has been less impressive so far but far from bad and it is harder for him to get accustomed to smaller rinks

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
My point is. Some players develop more rapidly playing in the NHL in their teen years. Bergeron is a prime example of this, he had an explosive development in the 18 months between his draft and the WJC, while not having the prime offensive deployment and ice time he would have had in juniors.

Is Bergeron as good a player at 19 y/o if he plays in the Q that year ? Doubtful. You can never be certain though, one way or the other.
Pretty sure Bergeron would have been a stud even if he stayed in the Q

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Wings fan, here. My wife is a Habs fan and so I get to see a lot of the Canadiens games. Really think Guhle is going to be amazing for you guys. He's right on the cusp of being an NHL regular. Would love to see him get a few games to start the year before they decide whether he stays or goes, but I'm actually torn as to whether he should go back to junior or not. To me, I think he has to show that he's not ready versus what he has already shown, which is that I think he is ready to stick. He'll be protected on the third pair, as far as consistent matchups and getting the right amount of minutes, so that's not the issue. And he's shown that he can play against NHL players, as far as his strength and positioning. So I think he's going to make a very good case to stick with the club. And in a year with no Weber, I think it gives some serious depth to the defense that will be needed, this year. The only question mark for me, is if he is ready for the 82 game schedule or not. If his conditioning looks like it might not be good enough (after Training Camp and a few NHL games) then I would send him back to junior. Otherwise, I think he has shown that he can think/play at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad