Value of: JVR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I'd say 2nd rounder at 50 % would be fair. With all of the options this deadline though it might be better to wait until next deadline.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If Philly will eat 50 the rest of this year and next is JVR of value at 3.5 per ?
2nd rounder ?

At 50 percent, I actually think we could get more than a 2. I say that as someone who doesn't really want JVR anymore. Just speaking to the power of a 3.5 mill scoring forward for this and next year.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Flyers fans who think they'll get more than a 2nd rounder for JvR while the Comcast Flyers pick up 50% of his pay are living in some sort of universe where they think their team is relevant in the current NHL.
They would be very lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him.
When I watch him play, skating around at half speed while chewing on the green mouthpiece that he endorses, I see a player that is ready to join the alumni team.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Flyers fans who think they'll get more than a 2nd rounder for JvR while the Comcast Flyers pick up 50% of his pay are living in some sort of universe where they think their team is relevant in the current NHL.
They would be very lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him.
When I watch him play, skating around at half speed while chewing on the green mouthpiece that he endorses, I see a player that is ready to join the alumni team.

Hes having a bad year and is still on pace for 20 goals. The Flyers PP has been attrocious all year which has hurt his production. Put him on a good team with a good pp and hes still a 25-30 goal scorer. At 3.5 mil thats a steal.

Nick Foligno got a 1st last year, he had 16 points in 42 games at the time.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Dermott,Anderson 2022 2nd for JVR @ 50% and Braun

JVR would be interesting to pick back up. Solidifies the left wing and is a big body for the front of the net. him and bunting back to back would be great.

Would rather use the cap/assets for a better D though

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Hes having a bad year and is still on pace for 20 goals. The Flyers PP has been attrocious all year which has hurt his production. Put him on a good team with a good pp and hes still a 25-30 goal scorer. At 3.5 mil thats a steal.

dont remind me. hes one of the many reasons i hope Dubas doesnt do anything this year and just lets the team play as is.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

This just reminded me how good Columbus's draft was last year

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
JVR is so underrated. Adding him at 3.5 million would be a great move for most teams. I think he'd return a 2nd, no problem.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Value aside Foligno was picked up for his leadership, grit, and versatility. Not even remotely a fair comparison for JVR.

Also, in today's NHL a 20 goal scorer isnt as impressive as it was a few years ago. 25 players have already scored atleast 20 goals and there's around 150 players on pace for 20 goals this season.

I don't think either of your points are reasons that JVR should return more than a 2nd.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
In recent weeks, I've seen it suggested that Miller, Pavelski, Hertl, Klingberg, Chiarot, Lehkonen, Kessel, Giordano, Lindholm, Manson, Ristolainen, Giroux, Domi, Crouse and now JvR are worthy of a 1st round pick in a trade.

It doesn't work like that. There are only so many teams in a position to buy a short-term fix (rental or rental+1) and a smaller number that will put a premium piece on the table for that. Even as that list contracts with extensions and teams opting for own-rentals, some players will have to go for less than the sexy return that fans want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad