JvR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
He hasn't been that great but I'm not worried. This first week is important but its still basically pre-season in terms of quality.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
How are you not worried? he hasn't shown a single reason why he deserves to be a top 6 forward other than potential, the potential he hasnt live up till since 07 or whatever it was

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He has a laser of a shot, can go to the net, can engage in some physical battles, etc.

Give him some time. He's only 1 year older than Kadri ....

Stevie28

Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
the guy is a power forward, which take longer to develop, and is only a year older than kadri while already in his past has shown offensive ability. I'm not worried, he hasn't played in 9 months. let him find his groove then evaluate

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
He'll get better, especially after he nets one.. Anyone else notice that he must of missed the net with like 5 shots today ?

Ah well, season's young, He has tons of time to prove himself, Kadri has tons of time to prove himself, Keep on doing what you do Orr, and Hellz yeah Kostka !

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Barely any hockey the last 9 months, New team, No training camp.

He'll be fine. I thought his 3rd period was quite good, Just need to build off that.

DaveT83*

Looks a lot like Joe Colborne out there - he needs to step up the intensity. I don't care if scores 5 goals or 40 I just want to see him compete. Win a Battle. Drive the net. Get Dirty. This team desperately needs anything that resembles a power forward - doesn't have to be pretty. Just has to be effective.

Get him off the third line - give him some minutes - let him run with the opportunity.

JVR Grabo Frattin

Mar 26, 2010
Should have kept Schenn and if Toronto really wanted to move him that bad they could have got a decent return.

Trade JvR fast! Another one of Burke's garbage trades.

FadeToBlack

Jul 1, 2012
Don't expect intensity from JVR, we never really saw it. When he has it, though, the guy is just... lightning in a bottle. You could call him almost Gaborik-lite when he is on. Not as fast nor is his shot as good, but his offensive instincts and overall offensive ability are up there. If/when he catches a d-man flat footed, he just absolutely blows by them, his top speed is fantastic, but, as I said, not quite at the level of a player like Gabby.

As many other Flyers fans have said, you'll see flashes where it looks like it's finally coming together, then he has an off game and it all falls apart. I think it might really be a confidence and effort thing for him... he's so talented, that playing college hockey really probably taught him how to be lazy and get by on his skill without working hard for it. If he had gone to Juniors or straight into the AHL, it would have helped his development a ton.

But as far as his future goes, I think his ceiling is up there in the 30g-40a power forward, but I really, really doubt he ever gets close to that.

I was shiftfaced for Saturdays game, and couldn't see Sundays because I was checking out a wedding venue... so I will have to hold my opinion on Schenn until I can watch him play a few games.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Looks a lot like Joe Colborne out there - he needs to step up the intensity. I don't care if scores 5 goals or 40 I just want to see him compete. Win a Battle. Drive the net. Get Dirty. This team desperately needs anything that resembles a power forward - doesn't have to be pretty. Just has to be effective.

Get him off the third line - give him some minutes - let him run with the opportunity.

JVR Grabo Frattin

Yeah I was going to say. He looks like a big man trying to play a gentleman's game out there, which is kind of the opposite of what is desired.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
JVR is a good player, probably still getting back up to speed. Philly fans rave about his speed and you can see he is fast, just give him some time and i bet you Kadri and him will be a offensive threat every time there out on the ice.

MapleLeafGardens*

we need to stay off other teams' boards. i cringe when i come across leafs posters annoying fans elsewhere. it makes us all look dumb.

This ^ Leafs fans have absolutely no business mocking other teams when the Leafs have been the laughing stock of the NHL for...

TheDoubleDion87

Jan 14, 2013
Truculence Nation
He's shown flashes of what he can do. It's probably a confidence/chemistry thing. Just be patient if he can put it all together (which I think he will) we have an awesome player here. That being said yes for the most part he's been brutal so far.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Not worried at all he'll be fine. Not a big deal this year.

I dont think he's going to put up alot of points this shortened season but i feel like we're going to see him progress alot by the end of it. Going to be an ugly start though.

Still better then Schenn

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I see him making a big impact soon, he just looks like he isn't quite sure what Carlyle wants off him yet. Give him more time, rushing kids and critisizing them on every game they didn't play good in is stupid.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Didn't do much his first two games, but it's just his first 2 games on a new team. Not too worried, I expect him to be a solid 2nd line winger with time.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Looks like Antropov out there. And not the good Antropov.

This guy is gonna need some real patience from fans him. And a proper off season he looks fat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad