NESN Judd Sirott named new voice of the Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The new play-by-play voice on NESN’s Bruins broadcasts is one that is already familiar to fans.
The network announced Thursday that it has hired Judd Sirott as the successor to Jack Edwards, who retired in April after 19 years as the play-by-play voice on NESN.
Sirott, 55, has called Bruins radio broadcasts on flagship station 98.5 The Sports Hub since the 2017-18 season. He replaced Dave Goucher, who had left after 17 seasons in the radio booth to become the inaugural television voice of the Vegas Golden Knights, a position he still holds.
Sirott will join longtime color analyst Andy Brickley in the NESN booth.
Before coming to Boston, Sirott worked as host and fill-in play-by-play announcer for the Chicago Blackhawks on WGN-AM in Chicago for a decade.

Sirott previously served for 12 seasons as the play-by-play voice for the Chicago Wolves in the American Hockey League, among other broadcasting roles.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Good for Sirott, He has big shoes to fill. Hopefully he is a bruins fan to his soul..

Kind of happy it wasn't SM.
He's a Chicago guy to his soul lol

But he did great replacing Goucher. I hope it translates. I would of preferred a homer, imo.

They should of given Goucher an offer he couldn't refuse. But NESN is cheap.

Judd is the best they could do. So I'm not mad. I wish him well. Big shoes to fill!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
He's a Chicago guy to his soul lol

But he did great replacing Goucher. I hope it translates. I would of preferred a homer, imo.

They should of given Goucher an offer he couldn't refuse. But NESN is cheap.

Judd is the best they could do. So I'm not mad. I wish him well. Big shoes to fill!
Goucher was honored but elected to stay in Vegas..... remember, originally we thought it was both Jack and Brick leaving.... at least we'll still hear "Compete Level" etc.... BUT WHAT'S going to be the theme for Sirott/Brick like we had with the tagline "Who has more fun than us" when the games get off sequence....

Reactions: Aeroforce and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Goucher was honored but elected to stay in Vegas..... remember, originally we thought it was both Jack and Brick leaving.... at least we'll still hear "Compete Level" etc.... BUT WHAT'S going to be the theme for Sirott/Brick like we had with the tagline "Who has more fun than us" when the games get off sequence....
I think if NESN gave him a kings ransom, he'd be here.

No doubt in my mind

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yeah, that's what you say when you get offered a job with pay lower than your current salary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad