Jtabo's GM Connected League - Sign Up (XBOX 360) *20 teams remaning*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Trade Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1250617

Overview/Rules:
- Periods will be set to 5 minutes.
- Difficulty will be set to All-Star.
- Rosters will be current.
- All teams will have authentic draft pick ownership.
- Activity is a must.
- Users who are unactive will recieve a 1 week warning.
- If user is still inactive after warning they will be removed and team will be given to next reserve in the list.

Registration Process:

- Post your gamertag and the team you would like below.
- Accept Commisioners Friend Request.
- Reserves will be added for when spots open up.

Trading:

- There will be no limit on trades to start. If it gets out of hand we will implement one.
- Try to keep trades realisitic.
- Any lopsided trades will be evaluated by a trade committee (we will need 5 volunteers).
- For a lopsided trade to be evaluated, two GM's from different divisions must raise a flag.
- Only draft picks within 2 years can be traded. Ex. In 2012-2013, only 2013, 2014 and 2015 may be traded.
- Trades can be made prior to the September 11th (release date) however these must be announced in the trade thread and can only include picks and roster players. Once the game comes out, prospects and minor league players can be traded. (This is because we dont know their ratings).
- If you take over a team, you are stuck with it. No trades will be overturned after completed.
- Everyone post in the Trade Thread providing a trade block. This will make trading easier.

Free Agents:

- From what I understand free agents work like a bidding process and the AI selects its team. We will see what its like when we get there and determine if we need to control free agency.

Scheduling:

- I will set the sim period to two (2) weeks. This means every advance will be two (2) weeks of the schedule.
- Every other period will simmed. This means half the games will be played and half will be simmed for everyone.
- In order to make it through more than 1 season, I will advance every Monday and Friday morning. This give 4 days during the week and 3 days on the weekend to play your games. (Usually 4-6 in a two week period). That will get us through about a season every month.
- For playoffs, Every round will last a week and it is up to users to schedule their games accordingly.

If you would like to add or change any of these rules, we can discuss below.

Last edited:

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

New Jersey Devils -
New York Islanders -
New York Rangers - NYRMatt (GT: NYR x Matt)
Philadelphia Flyers - Aw2D (GT: Aw2D OwNaGe)
Pittsburgh Penguins - SUBdrewgANS (GT: subdrewgans)

Northeast Division

Boston Bruins - DoubleAAAA (GT: Double A Eh)
Buffalo Sabres - LupulMania (GT: m2girls1kopitar)
Montreal Canadiens - PKsubbydoo (GT: TheCammalleri13)
Ottawa Senators -
Toronto Maple Leafs - Jtabo (COMMISH) (GT: XxTOMGINAxX)

Southeast Division

Carolina Hurricanes -
Florida Panthers -
Tampa Bay Lightning -
Washington Capitals -
Winnipeg Jets -

Western Conference

Central Division

Chicago Blackhawks -
Columbus Blue Jackets -
Detroit Red Wings -
Nashville Predators - PredaDORES
St. Louis Blues -

Northwest Division

Calgary Flames -
Colorado Avalanche -
Edmonton Oilers - MikeModano9 (GT: WESJAMES61)
Minnesota Wild -
Vancouver Canucks -

Pacific Division

Anaheim Ducks -
Dallas Stars -
Los Angeles Kings - Petre94 (GT: X PeTrE X)
Phoenix Coyotes -
San Jose Sharks -

Friend Requests:
Blue= Confirmed
Black= Un-Confirmed

Reserves:

Last edited:

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Hesitant to go with my favorite team because it's expected, but I already know the roster and prospects, so it makes the most sense, haha

Pittsburgh Please.
Gamertag: subdrewgans

Also can we possibly keep this league as realistic as possible, Instead of blockbuster trades left and right.. I like the setup of the other "realistic" league that is found on this board.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Hahaha, I know how you feel. But I think I may do a bit of an overhaul just for fun. We could figure something out if you wanna move one of those big centres :P

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
You can do as many as you want. I just wouldn't overload too much. Me personally I'm doing one small one with a few friends and this big one. Would rather be fully committed to two then half ass 4.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
You can do as many as you want. I just wouldn't overload too much. Me personally I'm doing one small one with a few friends and this big one. Would rather be fully committed to two then half ass 4.

I'm in one other one too, don't think I'd take on any more than that. What are your thoughts on advancing through the season and simming and such?

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I was going to hammer through the rules when I get home. I'm just on my phone right now. What I had in mind was:

Trading:no limit. It's your team, you shouldnt be restricted. There is a reason why teams don't make lots of trades, its not ideal. However, I think we should have a trade committee. Once a trade is made there is a certain grace period. If someone decides the think the trade is unfair, the can raise a flag, then the trade committee decides if the trade should be allowed or vetoed.

Simming: I was thinking of doing the max period of 2 weeks at a time and then summing every other period. This means half the season is played and half is simmed.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Side note: if everyone can post their GT I will add everyone tonight after I clear out some randoms from my friend list. :)

Also, do you guys want me to open a trade thread to talk trade??? I don't mind making trades before the gane comes out, but let's limit it to roster players and picks only. No guarantee all propspects are in the game, also you don't know how your prospects are rated.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I was going to hammer through the rules when I get home. I'm just on my phone right now. What I had in mind was:

Trading:no limit. It's your team, you shouldnt be restricted. There is a reason why teams don't make lots of trades, its not ideal. However, I think we should have a trade committee. Once a trade is made there is a certain grace period. If someone decides the think the trade is unfair, the can raise a flag, then the trade committee decides if the trade should be allowed or vetoed.

Simming: I was thinking of doing the max period of 2 weeks at a time and then summing every other period. This means half the season is played and half is simmed.

Sounds good ... should be do-able. GT is Double A Eh

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I like the idea of trades needing to be passed through a grace period, but I think there would need to be a certain number of people to veto it. I also think someone in the same division as the teams involved shouldn't be allowed to veto the trade (since they'd obviously want a rivals trade veto'd if it bettered their team.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I'm fine with that. All rules are up for negotiation. The committee could be different depending on who's involved in the trade. I also think the committee should evaluate intentions. If I a team is looking for a cap dump, rebuild, whatever. What I don't want to see is trades like Crosby for Gomez. However trades like Lombardi for a 5th isn't ridiculous. Toronto is freeing up cap space. The other team gets a servicable player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad