Proposal: JT Miller for Jake Guentzel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
:nucks
Jake Guentzel

:pens
JT Miller
Michael Dipietro

Swap of Players to shake things up. Guentzel is more of a natural goal scorer but Miller can play all three forward positions, is more gritty and might fit perfectly with Crosby.

Saves Pittsburgh 750k in cap. Miller’s deal expires a year earlier and is a year older.

Just a basis of a deal. Was well received by fans of both teams in another thread.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Night Shift

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Jake Guentzel

JT Miller
Michael Dipietro

Swap of Players to shake things up. Guentzel is more of a natural goal scorer but Miller can play all three forward positions, is more gritty and might fit perfectly with Crosby.

Saves Pittsburgh 750k in cap. Miller’s deal expires a year earlier and is a year older.

Just a basis of a deal. Was well received by fans of both teams in another thread.

Thoughts?
This Canuck fan would have ZERO interest in this deal. Guentzal makes more cap, doesn't have the positional flexibility and the Canucks add DiPietro. No thanks. Bad deal for VanCity.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don't think its a bad trade actually.

Would require both teams believing they have a legit shot at the playoffs and would just like a shakeup rather than a retool/rebuild but I think its closer to fair than a lot of deals on these boards.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I’d rather Guz as a neutral fan. This is because I believe he’s a better 2 way player and better scorer. Also I don’t think Vancouver needs another goal scorer but rather a play maker.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’d rather Guz as a neutral fan. This is because I believe he’s a better 2 way player and better scorer. Also I don’t think Vancouver needs another goal scorer but rather a play maker.

Guentzel is clearly the better offensive talent but Miller also adds some elements the Penguins desperately need. Analytics crowd would roast PIT for making this deal.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If Miller is dealt I’d rather it be for younger pieces, preferably a RH’ed d-man. Swapping Miller for Guentzel doesn’t improve our current roster so what’s the point?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Jake Guentzel

JT Miller
Michael Dipietro

Thoughts?

Excellent proposal as the values are close. Just don’t believe VAN would be interested when the need is RHD.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
What is the type? Marino is more of a defensive D than offensive.

Sorry, I think I was thinking of Matheson. Marino would be a nice add, don’t think I’d move Miller for him though. Would prefer someone younger and less proven with hopefully a higher upside or more physical game which the Canucks are lacking on the backend. Marino just doesn’t interest me enough to move the team’s leading scorer.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
What is the type? Marino is more of a defensive D than offensive.

Just a thought but I know Marino suffered a sophomore slump last year and this year is hard to say as its early and the team looks worse than their .500 record. But if we decided to move the big 3, at 24 years old he may be good to have around to lead a younger team and blue line.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I guess there's potential for Guentzel to spark the team, but Miller has been far from the problem and positionally its a lateral move at best.

Throwing in DiPietro makes it less appealing.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
K. Marino for Miller and Schenn.
Canucks accept. I would be really happy with this trade. Is there any way we could add one of our rd and get back a forward? Like Myers for Zucker?

Marino+Zucker for Miller+Myers+3rd?

Pod-EP-Garland
Hog-Horvat-Boeser
Pearson-Dickinson-Zucker
Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

OEL-Marino
Hughes-Poolman
Rathbone-Hamonic

The forward group would take a hit but that defense is a lot better than before.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Sorry, I think I was thinking of Matheson. Marino would be a nice add, don’t think I’d move Miller for him though. Would prefer someone younger and less proven with hopefully a higher upside or more physical game which the Canucks are lacking on the backend. Marino just doesn’t interest me enough to move the team’s leading scorer.
Marino is a 24 year old top pairing two way rd. He is really good defensively, good skater, can move the puck, and contribute 25-30 points as well. He would be a god send to us. Only problem is that he's a little weak physically, but he is 6'1, so he just needs to fill out a bit.

Reactions: Night Shift

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Canucks accept. I would be really happy with this trade. Is there any way we could add one of our rd and get back a forward? Like Myers for Zucker?

Marino+Zucker for Miller+Myers+3rd?

Pod-EP-Garland
Hog-Horvat-Boeser
Pearson-Dickinson-Zucker
Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

OEL-Marino
Hughes-Poolman
Rathbone-Hamonic

The forward group would take a hit but that defense is a lot better than before.

Nah. Pens would be off setting Marino’s cap to the forward group makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad