Value of: Josh Manson's next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Reports sound like Manson wants to stay in SoCal and likely extends. Most Ducks fans (including myself) seem to prefer to only keep him if he takes a bit of a hometown discount with shorter term but I'm curious what other teams' fans would like their team to offer him if he hits market?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm confident it won't be a good contract. Like Savard last year, he's a guy who's reputation is better than the player. He's get something at 4-5 years and 4-6 million but IMO is worth more like 3.5 million for 3 years.
Ya im hoping for something in the 3.5 x 3 range.... we dont really have cap issues right now... and he can be a solid training wheels guy for our young dmen like Thrun/Zellweger etc

but i think 4x4 is more likely, team loves him, anything over 3 years is worrisome for me

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Ya im hoping for something in the 3.5 x 3 range.... we dont really have cap issues right now... and he can be a solid training wheels guy for our young dmen like Thrun/Zellweger etc

but i think 4x4 is more likely, team loves him, anything over 3 years is worrisome for me
he's 30 already?? wow..time flies
since he's already making 4.1m, not sure he'd take a cut? guess you could frontload it and make it more palatable in the last half of it

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Echoing the 4 x 4 deal, similar to Dillon and others in that #4 role that bring solid playoff intangibles

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
David Savard got $3.5m x 4.

Chris Tanev got $4.5m x 4.

The league's economic outlook is a little bitter today then it was a year ago, and I get the sense that Manson is viewed closer to Tanev than he would be Savard; so I'm going to say $4.5m X 5 to stay in Anaheim.

Could also see $4.25m x 5, or $4.5m x 4; something in that ballpark.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Manson's biggest problem is staying healthy. Would think that could have an impact on what he is able to get, but who knows.

as a duck fan, I'd prefer to keep him, but 4x4 would be about as much as I'd want to go.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
4 years @ 10 million for me…. 2.8 million per year the first 3 years and then 1.4 in his last year.

He can be a Duck his entire career and be a development guy when he retires, and his injury risk is ok with a smaller cap hit.

His play has really fallen significantly the past 2 seasons and I think he’s been tentative this year knowing he can’t risk getting hurt long term or he would lose lots of money.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I'm confident it won't be a good contract. Like Savard last year, he's a guy who's reputation is better than the player. He's get something at 4-5 years and 4-6 million but IMO is worth more like 3.5 million for 3 years.
I think Savard is on a good contract. He Blks everything great on PK and can cover for a fast and small dman like Girard for an example

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
4 years @ 10 million for me…. 2.8 million per year the first 3 years and then 1.4 in his last year.

He can be a Duck his entire career and be a development guy when he retires, and his injury risk is ok with a smaller cap hit.

His play has really fallen significantly the past 2 seasons and I think he’s been tentative this year knowing he can’t risk getting hurt long term or he would lose lots of money.

How do you convince Josh Manson that he's worth LESS than Chris Tanev was 2 years ago??

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

This was a waste of your time, obviously he's getting a lot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad