Value of: Josh Bailey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Lucic, Silfverberg, White?

Gonna be a lot of "what are you willing to pay to get rid of him?" posts in this thread I would guess.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Lucic, Silfverberg, White?

Gonna be a lot of "what are you willing to pay to get rid of him?" posts in this thread I would guess.

He still has value but you're probably right. Hes still a middle 6 forward. Always seems to produce in the playoffs. Plays PP&PK. He actually salary is only 3.5 mil for the next 2 seasons so I could see a team still willing to move a mid pick and prospect but Isles will have to give to get with Bailey

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Sakic was watching a recent NYI/MTL game and maybe it was to see Bailey rather than Parise/Clutterbuck as rumoured. Avs are after all looking for a top 6 forward and need to rebuild the middle 6 this offseason.

Maybe something like Bailey ($750k retained / $4.25m) for Compher ($3.5m)? Avs get a middle 6 upgrade whilst NYI save $750k in cap and get one year less term to create capspace in 2023 for the $10m QO for Barzal. Might be too risky for Colorado though given that Bailey is 32 and that his contract goes a year into extensions for Mackinnon/Byram/Newhook.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sakic was watching a recent NYI/MTL game and maybe it was to see Bailey rather than Parise/Clutterbuck as rumoured. Avs are after all looking for a top 6 forward and need to rebuild the middle 6 this offseason.

Maybe something like Bailey ($750k retained / $4.25m) for Compher ($3.5m)? Avs get a middle 6 upgrade whilst NYI save $750k in cap and get one year less term to create capspace in 2023 for the $10m QO for Barzal. Might be too risky for Colorado though given that Bailey is 32 and that his contract goes a year into extensions for Mackinnon/Byram/Newhook.

Barzal's QO isn't $10M, it's $8.4M. 120% of his current AAV $7M.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Barzal's QO isn't $10M, it's $8.4M. 120% of his current AAV $7M.
I stand corrected, thanks.

The point about opening capspace in 2023 still stands though. They also have Wahlstrom as an RFA that year, and Mayfield as an UFA unless they trade him before then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad