Value of: Josh Bailey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Didn't he just clear waivers?
Not sure what you're looking for but won't be much. Term and age along with eventual decline hinder his value.

Trade him with a decent add for Kessel and Capobianco?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Bailey who is making 5 million for 3 years who has 1 goal in 12 games this year? That Josh Bailey?

Can't see any playoff teams having much interest. When you're up against the cap there are a lot of better ways to spend 5 million

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Bailey who is making 5 million for 3 years who has 1 goal in 12 games this year? That Josh Bailey?

Can't see any playoff teams having much interest. When you're up against the cap there are a lot of better ways to spend 5 million

Bailey's last 2 seasons

20-21 - 54 games 8 goals 27 assists 35 points
19-20 - 68 games 14 goals 29 assists 43 ponts

Playoffs
19-20 - 22 games 2 goals 18 assist 20 points
20-21 - 19 games 5 goads 7 assist 13 points

He comes up with big points in the playoffs

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The value of Josh Bailey?

It's really a bit hard to say. He's already scored one goal this season. He might score another. That and his five assists-- and counting -- would surely boost his value.

Which young speedy players would you have in mind?

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

It's really a bit hard to say. He's already scored one goal this season. He might score another. That and his five assists-- and counting -- would surely boost his value.

Isles need a change of pace. We have too many slow skaters such as Lee, Nelson, Palmieri, Martin. We need an energy player. Someone who can play on the 2nd or 3rd line wing.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I think Conner Brown would be a better fit than Kessel. I haven't really haven't watch him play many games But looks like a player Trotz would like.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Didn't he just clear waivers?
Not sure what you're looking for but won't be much. Term and age along with eventual decline hinder his value.

Trade him with a decent add for Kessel and Capobianco?
Was Josh Bailey waived? When? I must have missed that. (That’s not sarcasm but I Googled it quickly now and don’t see it.)

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Bailey's last 2 seasons

20-21 - 54 games 8 goals 27 assists 35 points
19-20 - 68 games 14 goals 29 assists 43 ponts

Playoffs
19-20 - 22 games 2 goals 18 assist 20 points
20-21 - 19 games 5 goads 7 assist 13 points

He comes up with big points in the playoffs

A good playoff performer but it's going to be hard to find a playoff team with 5mil cap space for this year and the next 2. Unless NYI retain a chuck of his contract and i assume NYI wouldn't do that since they are likely looking for cap space if they want to move Bailey

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Was Josh Bailey waived? When? I must have missed that. (That’s not sarcasm but I Googled it quickly now and don’t see it.)

He was available for the expansion draft. I think the poster may have confused that as him on waivers. But he was not been placed on waivers.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Bailey has covid and has been locked in a hotel room for a week. He's not going anywhere right now.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
As much as I would love to bury the Isles, it's too early to proclaim they are going to be sellers.

It's not too early. We have a below .500 record. We have sucked all year so far, minus maybe 2 games. We have Bailey, Lee, Johnston, Bellow, Pelech, Greene and Chara out due to Covid. We lost Pulock and Nelson out for 4 to 6 weeks best case. No one in the minors who is ready or can make a difference. It's time to sell

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
It's not too early. We have a below .500 record. We have sucked all year so far, minus maybe 2 games. We have Bailey, Lee, Johnston, Bellow, Pelech, Greene and Chara out due to Covid. We lost Pulock and Nelson out for 4 to 6 weeks best case. No one in the minors who is ready or can make a difference. It's time to sell
K.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
St Louis won the cup despite being tied for the fewest points in the league on January 1st that year. Which is right around when the Isles should be at a healthy roster, assuming no further longterm injuries.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019

Okay dipsh...erhm I mean """friend."""

Why don't we mention how he's averaged at least 50 points over an 82 game pace over the past five seasons?

But yeah, slow start this year, he's toast, right?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Best case scenario, probably looking at someone like DeBrusk or White. Players that have stagnated and need a change of scenery, but have shown some potential.

But other teams may also not want him unless it was swapping for another vet. Bailey will be 35 by the time his contract ends, chances are he isn't worth $5 mil in his final year.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Okay dipsh...erhm I mean """friend."""

Why don't we mention how he's averaged at least 50 points over an 82 game pace over the past five seasons?

But yeah, slow start this year, he's toast, right?
Has there been a season where he didn’t start slow? This fan base has treated him like we signed the Antichrist and it’s comical. He’ll be here this season and next, getting his 1000 game milestone as an Islander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad