Josh Anderson: New Age Enforcer

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
For the better part of nine seasons, 518 games to be exact, the Columbus Blue Jackets employed the likes of Jared Boll in an effort to add an enforcer to the line-up when needed. Boll exemplifies the old school enforcer: the ability to beat the crap out of almost anyone, but lacking the ability to score. Boll had a total of 27 goals during his time, something that has quickly changed with the new tough guy in town. That man goes by the name of Josh Anderson, and he’s bringing in a new age of enforcing.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/03/10/new-age-columbus-blue-jackets-enforcer-josh-anderson/

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I'm not even sure that I would classify Josh Anderson as an enforcer. Certainly he has size and is not afraid to throw his body around, but Josh is a skilled hockey player. He appears to have a ton of untapped hockey skill & the more he plays the better he is getting. When I think of Blue Jacket enforcers i think of Oliwa, and Shelly and Boll. When I think of Josh Anderson I think more of a Bertuzzi player only without the dirty shenanigans.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I have yet to se an actually interesting, informative article written in this Last
Word on Hockey format.

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
We don't have an enforcer now. The Caps have T. Wilson, the Devils have D. Prout, the Wilds have C. Stewart, the Pitts have T. Sestito and this little piggy has none. I've seen many a post declaring in the new nhl there's no need for enforcers. Maybe its we just don't have any elite players to warrant an enforcer.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Maybe its we just don't have any elite players to warrant an enforcer.

I don't agree at all. We don't have an enforcer on this team but we do have a handful of guys that aren't afraid to drop the gloves with someone who goes after another Blue Jacket.

With guys like Anderson, Hartnell, Dubi, Foligno, etc, we don't need some terrible plug to clog up our lineup.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
We don't have an enforcer now. The Caps have T. Wilson, the Devils have D. Prout, the Wilds have C. Stewart, the Pitts have T. Sestito and this little piggy has none. I've seen many a post declaring in the new nhl there's no need for enforcers. Maybe its we just don't have any elite players to warrant an enforcer.

I'm damned glad we don't have Sestito in our system anymore. He is an embarrassment - a thug that has no place in this game. I'll go so far as to say Pittsburgh Coach Sullivan was classless in putting him on the ice recently, allowing him to assault other players who were trying to play otherwise legitimate, yet physical hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad