Jori Lehtera

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
So I just had a look at his stats trying to see how bad he really is.

He started 43.3% of his 5 on 5 shifts in offensive zone (more than Kony btw) with his most common linemates being Tarasenko, Shatty, Parayko and Schwartz.
He had 16 points, but for someone who contributes nothing on special teams and is supposedly set up man he had 5 primary assists last season.

All I can say is I'm thankful he isn't UND graduate, because he seems to have makings of all that embodies great veteran player in Hakstol's eyes.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

He started 43.3% of his 5 on 5 shifts in offensive zone (more than Kony btw) with his most common linemates being Tarasenko, Shatty, Parayko and Schwartz.
He had 16 points, but for someone who contributes nothing on special teams and is supposedly set up man he had 5 primary assists last season.

All I can say is I'm thankful he isn't UND graduate, because he seems to have makings of all that embodies great veteran player in Hakstol's eyes.

when it come to #Hakslogic dont count ur chickens before they hatch.

anything is possible..

remember hes the one who said Farmer Andy is "responsible in all 3 zones" ..

sigh...

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is not a player to be worried about, because ultimately he will be a one- or two-and-done. He will be well out of the way before it matters, and the route for Voro et al (TM Timmeh) will be clear.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
This is not a player to be worried about, because ultimately he will be a one- or two-and-done. He will be well out of the way before it matters, and the route for Voro et al (TM Timmeh) will be clear.

Yep. And he's a fine 4th liner, just overpaid. The chaff that was thankfully shipped out were unbelievably bad at even strength. The point production for the 4th line is justifiably oft-quoted, but the shot metrics were even worse. Those guys were not NHL level players. Lehtera assuredly is if you temper your expectations appropriately.

If you told me you thought he was overall better at even strength than Filppula, I'm not sure I could argue. If that's a compliment or not...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If they view him as just another guy on the fourth line it will be fine. The issue could be there if they try to justify him as more than that given who he was traded for & what he's making.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And Schenn had four 5 on 5 goals all season with his most common linemates being Simmonds, Weise, Giroux, Konecny, Couturier and Voracek.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As long as Lehtera as used as a typical 4th liner, hes a significant upgrade on Chris and Pierre Hakstol.

If getting two 1sts for Schenn meant taking back Lehtera than it was absolutely worth it.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
And Schenn had four 5 on 5 goals all season with his most common linemates being Simmonds, Weise, Giroux, Konecny, Couturier and Voracek.

That's the way I look at it.

He's really not going to be much worse than Schenn at even strength. And I like the 4th line better with Lehtera than Bellemare.

Hopefully he got in shape this summer and can be serviceable.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
There is this but I don't underestimate the willingness of the Flyers to move Schenn out of here. There have to be reasons for this. Some are obvious like the 5X5 play. There could well be other reasons as well. It is interesting that the Flyers traded for and had both Schenn brothers here at the same time yet within two seasons they are both gone. Something didn't gel here for them.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Two first round picks is what made them willing. That and the fact that we already have guys who can probably step right in and replace his production.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Objectively he was a 3rd line level guy last year.

And two years ago he was high end 3rd line level.

Is he overpaid? Yeh. But he is a solid enough player and an upgrade to the bottom six considering what we have had the last few years.

If he is on the Flyers 4th line it should legit be one of the best in the NHL.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
And 17 assists, 2nd most on the team. Don't assists count anymore? Poor Giroux...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Wow I hope he isn't playing with that high quality line mate here. I'd love to have his skills on the fourth line. If we can afford it then why not? Him vechs and Laughton. No team would be looking forward to playing that. Let alone three capable centerman and three scoring lines with three D pair that can move the puck and join the rush!

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Objectively he was a 3rd line level guy last year.

And two years ago he was high end 3rd line level.

Is he overpaid? Yeh. But he is a solid enough player and an upgrade to the bottom six considering what we have had the last few years.

If he is on the Flyers 4th line it should legit be one of the best in the NHL.

Being third line level guy when playing next to talent he has doesn't inspire any confidence for him to somehow kill it in 4th line role.
Lecavalier couldn't skate either and when he went from top6 to 4th line it didn't suddenly get any better. That's what I imagine will happen with Lehtera too.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
It all comes down to how he is used. If he is used appropriately, then things will be fine. If he becomes Hakstols new crush and is forced into spots over more talented players, then there is a big issue. I'd say it is a 50/50 at this point.

I just want the 12 best forwards and 6 best dmen on the ice every game. It has been so long since we have seen that.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It all comes down to how he is used. If he is used appropriately, then things will be fine. If he becomes Hakstols new crush and is forced into spots over more talented players, then there is a big issue. I'd say it is a 50/50 at this point.

I just want the 12 best forwards and 6 best dmen on the ice every game. It has been so long since we have seen that.

And I want their ice time to be distributed the correct way as well.

Use your best forward/defensemen the most and your worst forward/defensemen the least, with everyone else falling in line inbetween.

Remember when VandeVelde was finally supposed to be scratched but stayed in the lineup due to an injury then played like 6 or 7 more minutes than Konecny? That was a ****ing hoot to watch.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
And I want their ice time to be distributed the correct way as well.

Use your best forward/defensemen the most and your worst forward/defensemen the least, with everyone else falling in line inbetween.

Remember when VandeVelde was finally supposed to be scratched but stayed in the lineup due to an injury then played like 6 or 7 more minutes than Konecny? That was a ****ing hoot to watch.

Agree 100%.

Yeah that was brutal. Im just worried we'll see "its a 1 goal game ib the 3rd, better bench that rookie Patrick and bump up that seasoned vet Lehtera!".

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And 17 assists, 2nd most on the team. Don't assists count anymore? Poor Giroux...

Giroux hardly had any 5 on 5 assists in 16-17. It's why basing an opinion off just one year isn't a great idea, especially if they were affected by injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad