Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Arrived in Abbotsford

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not sure about rookie, but SHL has an U20 Junior of the year award. I remember Petey winning it years ago, and also when Carlsson was anounced last year it was mentioned somewhere around here.

Yeah, Lekkerimaki won both the Junior of the Year award (makes sense!) and the Rookie of the Year award (makes no sense at all!).

He literally played 50% of the games in a prior SHL season.

Reactions: Andy Dufresne

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yeah, Lekkerimaki won both the Junior of the Year award (makes sense!) and the Rookie of the Year award (makes no sense at all!).

He literally played 50% of the games in a prior SHL season.

Is there two awards? I think it’s one and we’re conflating them.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Possibly?

The screenshot given has this text in it, which clearly says 'rookie' but maybe the connotation in Swedish is different?

Vi stort grattis till Jonathan Lekkerimäki (@orebrohockey) som har blivit framröstad som Årets Rookie i SHL 2023/24!

I looked it up and there’s only one award. Why he was eligible, I can’t figure out.

Reactions: Lindgren

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Not a big issue with not being in Abby or not making Sweden. The minute i saw Raymond Kempe Olofsson Zetterlund Burakovsky and Mojo i knew he wasn't gonna play in the top3 lines which is not a slight at this stage at all.

Reactions: Szechwan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Apparently Lekerimakki has now be 're-assigned' to the Abbotsford Canucks.....To bad he's unlikely to arrive early enough to be of any help to them, unless they can find a way to climb out of the huge hole they're in, in their series with Ontario Reign.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I wouldn’t mind calling him up to try and get him with Petey, this is an offensive series so we can take a few more risks than the previous series.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wouldn’t mind calling him up to try and get him with Petey, this is an offensive series so we can take a few more risks than the previous series.

I think he'll definitely be among a group of black aces that gets recalled.

I would guess -

Bains
Dries
Karlsson
Podkolzin
Lekkerimiaki
Raty
Sasson

Wolanin
Hirose
Irwin
Johansson
McWard
Pettersson

And Sawchenko all join as Black Aces.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I think he'll definitely be among a group of black aces that gets recalled.

I would guess -

Bains
Dries
Karlsson
Podkolzin
Lekkerimiaki
Raty
Sasson

Wolanin
Hirose
Irwin
Johansson
McWard
Pettersson

And Sawchenko all join as Black Aces.
personally id have lekkermaki,podz,raty,and dries for the forward group in that order, for defence id say Wolanin, Mcward, Irwin, and Pettersson in that order.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I think it's a bad idea to throw him into a playoff game, but boy would it be nice to have a sniper actually putting pucks on net on the PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad