Value of: Jonas Johansson to Edmonton?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
With our injury history with goalies in the playoffs I don’t think the Avs would want to give up JJ. With Kempers and Frankies health issues we need a decent #3. You would probably have to overpay.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
No I think he stays in AHL but if Frankie or Kemper goes down for any serious time I think he is the next guy ahead of Miner, Annunen and Miska.

if it’s short term they might call up Miner just to sit but if we are talking months I think they have to make the tough choice of bringing him up.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
What’s Edmonton need to let go of to bring in goaltender Jonas Johansson from the Avs?

One of their goaltenders.

Kuemper has injury troubles in the past and Francouz just missed an entire season with an injury. So unless we’re doing a “change of scenery” trade I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Colorado needs their depth goaltending.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Lol you don't want him. If you guys hate Koskinen you gonna wanna murder JoJo
The funny thing is after bitching about getting rid of Koskinen for years and hearing what teams(HB Posters) want to take one year I kinda think keeping him in the backup position is just fine.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Our season starts oct 13th so they have 1-2 days. (I think). Even if not it’s usually low risk to pass through waivers at this point when teams are still figuring out their rosters and what holes they have. There are better goalies Edmonton could target I’d imagine.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I believe they will keep Annunen up since he is waiver exempt and get a better idea of what they have through the pre-season. Not sure if he will back up JJ or be the starter in the Coast?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Our season starts oct 13th so they have 1-2 days. (I think). Even if not it’s usually low risk to pass through waivers at this point when teams are still figuring out their rosters and what holes they have. There are better goalies Edmonton could target I’d imagine.
There’s no grace period, or anything like that. Colorado either keeps him on the NHL roster or waives him to send him down.

You said “You would probably have to overpay.” Which is why I chimed in. I don’t see that as likely.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Waivers start 12 days before the season. I was unsure if that was per team or opening day league wide. But yeah there will be hundreds of players on waivers over the next week or so and he will be one of them so go ahead and call the Edmonton front office and pick him up. If you want him in a trade you will have to overpay or give us a similar goalie back.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Waivers start 12 days before the season. I was unsure if that was per team or opening day league wide. But yeah there will be hundreds of players on waivers over the next week or so and he will be one of them so go ahead and call the Edmonton front office and pick him up. If you want him in a trade you will have to overpay or give us a similar goalie back.
They won’t fail to notice when he’s on waivers. They won’t require a phone call from me to become aware. Obviously they’re not going to “overpay” if they want him. You can see that, right?

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
That sounds like a fairly safe argument. So when they don’t pick him up you can just say they didn’t want him. Lol.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's not better than Koskinen so if Oilers claim him they have to keep him in the NHL. There will probably be better goalies available on waivers.

Reactions: Oblivion Beckons

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
:facepalm: nobody is “overpaying” for this player, man…

If he's only returning fair market value, the Avs have zero incentive to trade him, because they need goalie depth more than they need a 5th/6th round pick. Worst case scenario, he gets claimed off waivers, and then we claim someone else to replace him as a depth goalie. Best case, he clears waivers and we don't have to do anything.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd like to see Benson get a shot after paying his dues in Bakers but I'd do this for multiple reasons. Kaut's insane release, speed and his being a right shot.

Can't see the Avs doing this since Benson is now subject to waivers.

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
JJ will be on waivers so his value before passing through waivers will be very low.

If and when he passes through though teams would probably have to pay a 3rd for him as Avs wouldn't have much incentive to move him and anything less wouldn't move the needle enough to make it worthwhile for Avs to worsen their goalie depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad