Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
With Owen Sound facing elimination, Gadjovich is back in the line-up. Scoreless in the first period.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's game seven. Gadjovich is playing again, but the Attack are down 3-1 late in the first.

If the Attack are eliminated, my guess is that Gadjovich shuts it down for the rest of the season rather than heading to Utica, but who knows?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It's game seven. Gadjovich is playing again, but the Attack are down 3-1 late in the first.

If the Attack are eliminated, my guess is that Gadjovich shuts it down for the rest of the season rather than heading to Utica, but who knows?
If he's been carrying an decent injury it makes far more sense. He'll struggle to break into the AHL team so they might as well shut him down.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's been a wild game. It's 9-7 Sault Ste Marie with a couple of minutes left. Gadjovich has one goal (-3).

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Owen Sound are out. I suppose we'll know soon about the next move for Gadjovich (and McKenzie).

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Just let them rest for the season. Utica is a zoo right now. Neither McKenzie or Gadjovich would help Utica much atm.

I think you're right. If Gadjovich were healthy, perhaps his physicality could be useful -- judging by some of the things posters in Utica are saying about their team. But a back issue doesn't seem like the thing for a forward counted on for hits.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Thanks, im not too high on McKenzie but if Cassels is let go he could be signed in his place

BS. If Cassels goes (and I don't think he will because it's easier for Benning to fill a slot by re-signing him), it opens a door to finally sign a center that can be a center, unlike what Cassels has been for 3 seasons. The Comets don't need any more Jr. rejects that are not going anywhere. They have enough already. They need to fill the spaces that are not occupied by Vancouver contracts with at least a couple guys who have proven they can move the puck to line mates which can help those contracted prospect players not drag them down. The extended list of possible prospects landing in Utica does not include a single play making center. IF you want all these incoming promises to become realities they need centers that get them the puck. There are none here now nor any in the list of prospects.

Reactions: sunnyvale420

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
BS. If Cassels goes (and I don't think he will because it's easier for Benning to fill a slot by re-signing him), it opens a door to finally sign a center that can be a center, unlike what Cassels has been for 3 seasons. The Comets don't need any more Jr. rejects that are not going anywhere. They have enough already. They need to fill the spaces that are not occupied by Vancouver contracts with at least a couple guys who have proven they can move the puck to line mates which can help those contracted prospect players not drag them down. The extended list of possible prospects landing in Utica does not include a single play making center. IF you want all these incoming promises to become realities they need centers that get them the puck. There are none here now nor any in the list of prospects.
I was getting at replacing him as a 4th line C. In total agreement with you about needing playmaking Cs that youve never really had

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I was getting at replacing him as a 4th line C. In total agreement with you about needing playmaking Cs that youve never really had

Elias Pettersson will be snubbed for the Swedes' World Championship team and will then centre the Comets first line and lead them to the Calder Cup.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Elias Pettersson will be snubbed for the Swedes' World Championship team and will then centre the Comets first line and lead them to the Calder Cup.
The chances of Pettersson ever playing a game in Utica are somewhere between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. Only chance of it happening is if he shows a Virtanen-like progression in his first couple of seasons....which would be a huge disappointment if it happened.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The chances of Pettersson ever playing a game in Utica are somewhere between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. Only chance of it happening is if he shows a Virtanen-like progression in his first couple of seasons....which would be a huge disappointment if it happened.

I have a special calculator for stuff like this, and it says that you're wrong: the chances are more like 1.65 to 2.08 percent.

Reactions: Catbug

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 2m2 minutes ago
Just talked with Jonah Gadjovich, #Canucks 2nd round pick in 2017. His season is over in Owen Sound of the OHL, he is ready for the next step which is pro hockey.

Gadjovich : "I had a tough year with injuries, lots of ups and downs but I was happy with my development, I played lost of hockey this season (world juniors), it was tough on the body."

Gadjovich says he got better this season, "I worked on my skating and play in front of the net, plays along the wall. The Canucks helped me, they kept tabs on me all season."

Gadjovich on the next step : "I am ready for pro hockey, I want to go pro. I will work hard this summer, in the gym, on my skating and on my mental game. I will put in the time and effort."

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
So what's everyones thoughts on his season? Disappointing D+1?

I wasn't impressed in limited viewings but not enough to form a strong opinion, the injuries definitely sucked

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So what's everyones thoughts on his season? Disappointing D+1?

I wasn't impressed in limited viewings but not enough to form a strong opinion, the injuries definitely sucked

How badly he was left behind by the pace of the the games at the WJC was definitely disappointing.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
He's got a touch and IQ around the net that you can't teach; the question is, and always has been, can he improve his footspeed enough to get to those places in the pro leagues?

This summer is a big one for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad