Confirmed with Link: Jon Gillies will attend training camp on a PTO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm guessing they'll sign and waive him to play for the Marlies if Murray doesn't clear waivers.

Probably some form of insurance in case injuries happen early and like you mentioned, if Murray doesn't clear waivers maybe they'll offer him a deal.

Gillies didn't even play last year and he hasn't had the best of time as a pro. Probably just Treliving doing Gillies a favour of some kind since they've known each other from the Flames years.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I assume the Leafs will split Woll and Stolarz between squads for games. Murray and Hildeby probably get a game each. I don't think Gillies goes beyond the practice squad with Peksa.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Flood the waiver wire so people don’t see “Murray” sticking out as much? Extra practice goalie? Good idea not to use up a contract spot? Yes.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Imo someone takes a flyer on Murray for $900,000. If it doesnt work out, you got a pretty good #3 in the minors for depth come playoff time.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Imo someone takes a flyer on Murray for $900,000. If it doesnt work out, you got a pretty good #3 in the minors for depth come playoff time.
I think a healthy Murray at $900k has value in the lest and will definitely be sought after.

Based on everything I’ve heard, Murray is fully healthy and looks really good.

He's got the pedigree and has proven he can win at the highest level. I think Treliving can fully expect that he would be picked up on waivers, as would another GM who wants him as a backup.

Maybe Treliving can get some value for Murray in a trade from a GM who wants him but knows he won’t make it through waivers to be picked up.

Would honestly like to keep the 3 of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad