Johnny Gaudreau Should Be The New Face of Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
You sound confidant.

Do you think there is a lot of fans/teams, who would take Johnny, over Mathews? Johnny did not have a PPG season, did he?

So sorry 78 in 79, I don't know what NHL teams would or won't do, there are a lot of dumb people making decisions in hockey. Now I know the majority of knowledgeable hockey fans on this site would tell you yes until Mathews shows he can be a top 6 scorer in the NHL then yes he's not better than him. I really can't believe I'm having this argument

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Horrible defensively? Lol he's a + player in the tournament while your saviour McDavid forgets he's the fastest player in the NHL when he's playing defence and coasts back. And is also a - player in the tournament.

Gaudreau is real good defensively, which is why he's a + player on a team that gave up the most goals of any team last season.

Cmon. You dont really believe that do you? JH is many things including very talented but he is all offence.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
You don't watch him every game, I know this because those who do will agree, he is very good defensively, always tracks back at full speed, constantly picks the puck off other players doesn't make any zone mistakes. he could play the penalty kill
His last season at Boston College he had 7 short handed points, he was deadly on the PK. Hartley and his wisdom wanted big dull shot blockers on the PK. After having the 30th best penalty kill we know where that line of thinking got him.

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
His last season at Boston College he had 7 short handed points, he was deadly on the PK. Hartley and his wisdom wanted big dull shot blockers on the PK. After having the 30th best penalty kill we know where that line of thinking got him.

I said the same thing last year, Gaudreau would be excellent on the PK i would rather him just not get injured by blocking shots

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Reading this thread is comical, Oiler fans freaked out that little Johnny is better than McDavid and Canuck fans just plain jealous that they have nobody in the coffers with near his talent.

And yes Oiler fans despite McDavid getting preferential ice time and 1st line PP time from the homer coach Gaudreau blew him and everyone else away for 6 games. It takes more than a speed rush down the wing to be a great player. As of right now Johnny is the better more exciting player.

Just admit it and have a sandwich :popcorn:

Except he's not better.

McDavid is better than him, while being younger.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Ya I mean his 9 points in 11 playoff games was a problem right? Enjoy your aging core for the next 5 years, that Louis deal was sure smart! Funny how this comes from a Canuck fan whose 2 best players are the softest in the league

The Canucks core isn't really aging.......aside from the Twins. It's just not that good. The twins are also anything but soft, but that's a standard criticism from someone that really does not understand the game, so I guess we know where your expertise level lies.

Gaudreau is a decent enough player, but he is being propped up as one of the best in the game, along the lines of a McDavid, Toews, Crosby - which is beyond ludicrous.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Except he's not better.

McDavid is better than him, while being younger.

Bingo.

McDavid is 19, Gaudreau is 23.

McDavid has already been a point per game without being sheltered, Gaudreau hasn't even though he has been sheltered.

McDavid is equal to if not better than Gaudreau defensively. Watching Gaudreau glide back into his own zone at times is fun to watch as an opposing fan.

Proclaiming Gaudreau better based on one tournament is hilariously shortsighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad