In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I like how the English soccer leagues changed from a moment of silence to a moment of applause where everyone just cheers really loudly. Also gets rid of the chance of idiots yelling stupid shit because they know that everyone can hear them.

I feel like a moment of silence fits when someone dies tragically like Gaudreau brothers, but a moment of applause is when a legend dies in old age like Gordie Howe.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I feel like a moment of silence fits when someone dies tragically like Gaudreau brothers, but a moment of applause is when a legend dies in old age like Gordie Howe.
I get your point, but maybe a happy medium would work. A moment of silence to mourn, then a moment of cheering to celebrate their life.

Reactions: Kane One and Viqsi

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like how the English soccer leagues changed from a moment of silence to a moment of applause where everyone just cheers really loudly. Also gets rid of the chance of idiots yelling stupid shit because they know that everyone can hear them.
I'm pretty sure that's like 90% of the reason they did it.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Also gets rid of the chance of idiots yelling stupid shit because they know that everyone can hear them.
Why can’t people (everyone) shut up?

My FB memories gave me a clip I shit at a concert a decade ago. The band was playing a mini acoustic set, and extended one piece ent dropping it all the way down and turning off the PA. And people were just whooping and shouting and all manner of making themselves heard during the quiet.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Why can’t people (everyone) shut up?

My FB memories gave me a clip I shit at a concert a decade ago. The band was playing a mini acoustic set, and extended one piece ent dropping it all the way down and turning off the PA. And people were just whooping and shouting and all manner of making themselves heard during the quiet.
I think I'm on the side of the people shouting 🤣

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023

I am more old school when it comes to mourning. We have this "Celebration of Life" mentality where we can't act sad or even call things a funeral anymore. I don't think there is anything wrong with mourning, and we don't do that enough. We have this social media mentality that everything has to look okay. It is fine to be sad and show reverence when someone dies. I'd want people to be sad at my funeral. That would mean something.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
This may be unpopular to say, but I do feel for the driver, Sean Higgins, as well. Mostly because he has a wife and two girls. In before the "but it was his choice" posts come in. Oh yeah, it was, and he will live with that for the remainder of his life and it will likely haunt him. And this looks by all accounts to be his fault 100% and despite it not being tested in court yet he has admitted to having 5 or 6 beers. Not good, we all know that, and his actions caused so much anguish. But I think we shouldn't forget that the anguish is also what his wife and two daughters will have. Whether he deserves it or not, whatever time he spends in jail is time he will miss out on his children growing up and you can't get that back. Just a tragedy all around, obviously with the worst hand being dealt to the Gaudreau family.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
460720321_122201225090021510_3759767044525366019_n-2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad