Value of: John Carlson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Why? And what do ya want, get started rebuilding? I figure he’s a valuable piece for getting Ovi towards the record so I’d be hesitant to move him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
No team is going to offer more than what he's worth to the Caps.

Not that he has a horrible contract, but with a flat cap it basically makes trading Carlson unrealistic.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Carlson hits 70 points with regularity (68, 70, 75 in the last three full seasons), plays No. 1 defense minutes, and has four more years under contract at a very reasonable $8M cap hit.

He's worth a ton if he ever hit the market. Also, the Caps are not going to consider moving him. Might they do so before that contract ends? Possibly, but they aren't there yet and regardless of what happens in the playoffs, they won't be there this summer either. He's worth a great deal, though.

The contract extensions to Ovechkin and Backstrom and the term on Carlson's contract set the parameters on the timeline for the Caps' rebuild. It's a few years out.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Carlson looked like garbage against the Rangers on Thursday night. Is he hurt? Recovering from COVID? Or was it just one of those off games everyone has?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Carlson looked like garbage against the Rangers on Thursday night. Is he hurt? Recovering from COVID? Or was it just one of those off games everyone has?
He's still putting up points on the season but his play has looked bad in the handful of games I've watched, not just against NYR. He seems, very slow? I don't know if it's hesitation or just bad skating, but Carlson seemed to avoid getting into open areas to join the rush, or finding space near the circle for shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad