Jhonas Enroth: "It's tough to win with this team."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
How many times did Ray Lewis call out the Ravens offense in his career when the Ravens D was carrying them?

It's not unheard of. And it's true.

This team is historically bad offensively. Miller and Enroth have to be perfect to win.

That's tough to deal with.

They called their offense out for a single game. Enroth called his team out on the entire season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
How many times did Ray Lewis call out the Ravens offense in his career when the Ravens D was carrying them?

It's not unheard of. And it's true.

This team is historically bad offensively. Miller and Enroth have to be perfect to win.

That's tough to deal with.

That's a horrible comparison. Ray Lewis was one of the best linebackers in the NFL and dominated for years and will be in HOF. He gets to say **** like that.

I really don't have much of an issue with Enroth's comments but is pretty silly to use Ray Lewis making comments as a comparable situation.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's a horrible comparison. Ray Lewis was one of the best linebackers in the NFL and dominated for years and will be in HOF. He gets to say **** like that.

I really don't have much of an issue with Enroth's comments but is pretty silly to use Ray Lewis making comments as a comparable situation.

I think Enroth gets to say it too based on how he's played and gotten no offensive support this year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-want-to-get-goalie-jhonas-enroth-win-tonight-against-flyers/

The Sabres have scored just 17 goals in the 25-year-old’s 13 starts.

“He’s been unlucky,†Sabres center Ville Leino said this morning inside the First Niagara Center. “He’s been playing great all year. Certainly, guys are on his side here and want to give him a win here.â€

Interim Sabres coach Ted Nolan added: “We have a lot of trust in both our goaltenders. Unfortunately for Jhonas, we haven’t scored too much for him. But he’s played some great games.â€

It looks like Leino missed the memo that the players should be ticked at Jhonas.

:sarcasm:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I don't like the comment at all. Its a true comment but its something you should keep to yourself...Which is sometimes easier said than done if hes an angry cocky ******* like myself.
It was honest truth, said without malice.
I lose respect for any Sabre who was demotivated by the comment, and am befuddled by any fan who finds it inflammatory.

They called their offense out for a single game. Enroth called his team out on the entire season.
I disagree. Enroth's exact comment, said by any other Sabre (or even an opponent, speaking about the Sabres), is simply commenting on the plight of Buffalo this season. Why does Enroth's comment suddenly change the meaning? Does the context - i.e., he allowed 1 goal and lost - utterly and definitively change the meaning of the quote to one of complaint, discontent, and contempt for his teammates?

Was he wrong?

Not from where I sit.
Agreed.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-want-to-get-goalie-jhonas-enroth-win-tonight-against-flyers/

It looks like Leino missed the memo that the players should be ticked at Jhonas.

:sarcasm:
Exactly.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Well looks like it didn't light a fire under the teams ass to me. They played like swiss cheese defensively, Weber almost scored on Enroth at one point.

No point calling the team out and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well looks like it didn't light a fire under the teams ass to me. They played like swiss cheese defensively, Weber almost scored on Enroth at one point.

But at least they ended their 6 game streak of 2 goals for or fewer....

:laugh:

No point calling the team out and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

I don't see the point of trying to sugar coat that this is a bad team, especially offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad