Jhonas Enroth: "It's tough to win with this team."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
It's a small, albeit true, insult to his teammates. It's not nothing. It's not a huge deal either. You'd like to see more character from him.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I bet Miller would say the exact same thing.

These goalies are in tough positions. Miller is trying to show that he still has game in him and that he has value on the open market in a contract year, while Enroth is trying to show that he can be a starter in this league but both don't get much help from the guys in front of them.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
Really? Does anyone here have any problem with what Enroth said after the game? Fans are overreacting and going insane on Twitter. I find nothing wrong with it. He said "It's hard to win with this team"

What's the hashtag to follow to view the fan reactions?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Official Sabres twitter account comment

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres
#Sabres once again unable to provide support for Enroth

translated: It's tough to win with this team.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Sabres site finally posted the interview. It didn't sound as bad coming out of his mouth as it does in print.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It's a small, albeit true, insult to his teammates. It's not nothing. It's not a huge deal either. You'd like to see more character from him.

Agreed. Nothing too big but it is a slight to the team. Don't really like seeing that, we all know the team sucks right now and is in a T90. But don't openly say it like he did is all

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I don't know the context but if he actually meant it then it's just bad timing with new GM announcement. Sours the parade.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Really? Does anyone here have any problem with what Enroth said after the game? Fans are overreacting and going insane on Twitter. I find nothing wrong with it. He said "It's hard to win with this team"

Fans over reacting on of all places twitter? Say it ain't so!

Well, it also may be a little message to the new GM to get the team some help to win. Obviously Enroth isn't a pro-tank guy :laugh:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
It's tough to win with this team.

Sounds like something Ron Rolston should have used in his press conferences.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I don't like the comment at all. Its a true comment but its something you should keep to yourself...Which is sometimes easier said than done if hes an angry cocky ******* like myself.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo

Is there a chance it was a language misstep? Sometimes players who don't speak English as a first language state things awkwardly.

Then again, maybe he was paying homage to the Panthers...lol...in stating that it's hard to win with this (the Panthers) team.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Is there a chance it was a language misstep? Sometimes players who don't speak English as a first language state things awkwardly.

Then again, maybe he was paying homage to the Panthers...lol...in stating that it's hard to win with this (the Panthers) team.

I find the limit to credibility with the language excuse comes when there's not really a better way to phrase the same concept. He knew what he was saying.

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
I get where Enroth is coming from. He shouldn't have said it but we are truly a barren wasteland when it comes to goal production. I just watched some old highlights on YouTube from the 92-93 season where AlMo went nuts. Can you imagine if we had a Patty La and an AlMo for this team?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Yep. It's tough to win when this team only has 18 GF in Enroth's 14 GPI. His performance is often irrelevant with that putrid production.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Think of the difference in team ability between Enroth's last Sabres start before the Olympics and whatever easy game he gets to give Hank rest.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Think of the difference in team ability between Enroth's last Sabres start before the Olympics and whatever easy game he gets to give Hank rest.
It was even noticeable at the last WC too. He was named best goalie there and backstopped a gold medal team. For reference:
Jhonas Enroth finished the tournament with a 5-1-0 record, a 1.15 Goals Against Average, and a .956 save percentage. He gave up only eight goals while facing 183 shots over the seven games he played in, and finished the tournament with two shutouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad