Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Bad karma game from Canada running up the score in a game like this... they never learn. Just inviting the fury of the hockey gods in championship games.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Bad karma game from Canada running up the score in a game like this... they never learn. Just inviting the fury of the hockey gods in championship games.

Everybody runs up the score as much as they can in IIHF tournaments. Goals F/A is used as a tie breaker. They muted the celebrations.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Still not sure what to make of this team Canada. They still don't look all that cohesive 5 on 5. Not really sure what systems they are running.
Power reminds me a lot of Byram from last year. He has elite NHL tools and is great offensively but constantly gets lost in his own zone and just isn’t a very smart player.

Reactions: hn777

None

Feb 22, 2012
Am I crazy or is Rogers/Sportsnet covering the tournament way more than they normally do?

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Power reminds me a lot of Byram from last year. He has elite NHL tools and is great offensively but constantly gets lost in his own zone and just isn’t a very smart player.
Yeah he also tries to deke at the offensive blue line way too much while almost standing still. Those plays only work against bad teams. Most times against a good team that's giving up a breakaway. It's particularly annoying when he clearly has better passing options.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Can we pre-order by forfeiting Scheif and Wheeler as of tomorrow? I’d gladly watch the Jets lose 82 straight next year for a legit shot at having Bedard, Perfetti, Dubois for the next decade.
Nothing wrong with Scheifele , Dubois and Perfetti down the middle, most teams would kill for those 3 as their centers .

Carp14

Oct 8, 2015
I guess you don't realize how good Bedard is Jet31....wake up

Last edited:
Reactions: SM

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Rewatatching the game and it's an incredible contrast to see just how much Cole moves around on the HB to change points of attack and passing lanes qhe compared to Scheifele on the Jets.

Mark pay attention and start to do the same and the pp will improve.

Yup. The confidence from Cole is just outstanding in this tournament. He has grown leaps and bounds.

He runs the PP like a PG in basketball. There has been a few goals where, like you mentioned, he doesn't like the look and shuffles the deck to get guys into position where they can create something. It's so refreshing to watch.

It's exactly what we need with shots like Scheif, KC and PLD. Perfetti will find them with the puck.

I just can't wait until we can see him pulling the strings on the big club.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That was an embarrassment for the sport.

Canada has offensive talent but they’ll need to put up 5 or 6 to win against a team like the US because unless things change they are going to give up a boat load too.

I doubt it will be boring. Welcome to 80’s Oilers hockey kids

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I've always been of the impression that not trying to score is more embarrassing than getting the score ran up. I've been in a few of those situations in a couple of different sports on both sides, and it was always far more embarrassing to watch a team just pass it around instead of trying to score.

Plus there's the whole goal difference ratio for seeding. I saw the Finns game against Austria and they weren't holding back either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad