GDT: Jets @ Leafs - 7pm - TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Did you bother to read my entire post? Or just the hit stats?

I don't think Stanley plays much anymore. Only played 7 all year, none since Dec.

Ahh. the art of not answering a question, by asking another question. If you had watched the last two games these teams have played each other, you would not be referencing hits, or even asking why.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Gonna be a physical game again. Jets have lost a couple so will be breathing fire. Like to see Clifford & Simmonds in line up tonight.
Just one of them should be fine. Would love to see one of them tune up Lowry. Didn’t Lowry turn down Simmonds once before?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Just one of them should be fine. Would love to see one of them tune up Lowry. Didn’t Lowry turn down Simmonds once before?

Lowry was ready to go, the ref for whatever reason ejected both before the puck was dropped assumed they were gunna go. Same night AM got 60 last year

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Definitely in for a boisterous game tonight.

Remember back in the day, this would be a big Tucker, Corson, Roberts kind of game.

The boys will need to have their work boots on. I'm hoping Auston does something to make PLD feel very bad and inadequate.

Reactions: OddyOh

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Jets are an interesting case, they're not an absolute tirefire like they were under Maurice but their analytics still don't have them as a great 5v5 team

They're currently 19th in xGF%, 14th in SCF%, and 17th in HDCF%. They're also 23rd in shot differential

For comparison, Leafs rank 4th in xGF%, 4th in SCF%, 8th in HDCF%. The teams in that top tier along with us are who you expect, the likes of Tampa/Boston/Carolina/New Jersey

But of course, the Jets have Helly who is back in Vezina form. You combine him + an offense with some talent and you get a top team in the west

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Jets are an interesting case, they're not an absolute tirefire like they were under Maurice but their analytics still don't have them as a great 5v5 team

They're currently 19th in xGF%, 14th in SCF%, and 17th in HDCF%. They're also 23rd in shot differential

For comparison, Leafs rank 4th in xGF%, 4th in SCF%, 8th in HDCF%. The teams in that top tier along with us are who you expect, the likes of Tampa/Boston/Carolina/New Jersey

But of course, the Jets have Helly who is back in Vezina form. You combine him + an offense with some talent and you get a top team in the west
It kind of lines up with their results. They have beat up on a dogshit western conference and been average at best against the east.

Reactions: leafsfan5

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Have they confirmed the starters for tonight?

Reactions: leafsfan5

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
That Winnipeg GDT has got to be the first ever respectful thread made towards toronto on this site lol. Shocked it came from them

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That Winnipeg GDT has got to be the first ever respectful thread made towards toronto on this site lol. Shocked it came from them
Just looked through it.
It's funny how obsessed other fans are with the Leafs and the fanbase and we really don't think about them at all. :laugh:
Small man insecurities I guess.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Skip to 58 seconds if you don't want to hear the whole song.

This is a great song and a great band. Saw them at Lee’s Palace ages ago and they were awesome.

Going to be at the game tonight so I hope it’s a good one. Really hope the flu bug has made its way through the room and the guys can start playing to their peak again. I like the mini almost rivalry with the Jets. Been some fun games lately.

Rubyblue

Apr 13, 2021
I think that would just be playing into the Jets hands.
I prefer to have the Jets alter their game to the Leafs.
You might be right but the leafs are coming off of 4 tough games in a row. They are in for another one tonight. How many cross checks can Mathews handle game after game? It's kinda like a playoff series, these last few games. We shall see if the Leafs have what it takes yet.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad