GDT: Jets@Leafs 7PM HNIC CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 262271

The result of this game won't matter too much to me at this point, very unhappy about Dermott.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Leafs having a really bad time clearing the zone...probably don't want to ice the puck, but too timid on those clearing attempts.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I think CBC is turning into the Winnipeg hockey network, yes they got a good team but Hughson and Co just cant help themselves talk up winnipeg every second

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
They have been good offensively, especially JVR. His a fantastic finisher close to net.

While they have put up good offensive numbers, it still doesn't mean they've been good defensively. Why do you think their so sheltered by Babcock? Why is that 30+ goal scorer JVR is having record low ice time for the amount of goals his scored?

It's not complicated, they've been good offensively in the last little while since Brown joined that line (since he can do the hard work defensively), but are and have been weak defensively. That part hasn't changed.

One can point that player x is weak defensively, while still valuing their overall game (mainly offensive production).
No the last month or so JVR has been on fire offensively. They were actually pretty mediocre until then.

Defensively, 5v5, they have been rock solid. The line has been good defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad