Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
KingBogo,

technically we only have 6 forwards on 1W: Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Perreault, Thorburn, Peluso. ELCs are 2W :nod:

I stand corrected but at this point I've taken Scheif and Lowry out of possible candidates for the farm team :)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I stand corrected...8 forwards. I agree with you we have a very nice group of young guys coming to fill those spots. It's just that you don't know how long exactly its going to take.

I find here there is a segment of Jets fans who get highly concerned about the forward depth. At worst, its going to be a temporary issue. I can't see it lasting beyond the 15-16 season.

I guess my point would be with such potential talent in the wings the team is much better served to have a slow and deliberate roster construction that fits with the next generation, as opposed to just filling up the roster.

ShaneK

Apr 10, 2015
Name one plausible trade you would do to help the Jets.

How about Jonathan Drouin
For
Alexander Burmistrov rights and 2015 1st Overall (17th).

We get the chemistry of Ehlers/Drouin, and TBay can stock up on more Russians with Burmistrov and Svech.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Tampa Bay doesn't move Drouin. He was scratched a couple of times in the playoffs, but so was Kucherov last year.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
For

We get the chemistry of Ehlers/Drouin, and TBay can stock up on more Russians with Burmistrov and Svech.

There's 2 things wrong with this.

1) Drouin and Ehlers played om separate lines in Halifax so not sure what chemistry you're talking about

2) Tampa won't trade Drouin

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Should we potentially look at Cam Talbot? He's pretty cheap ($1.45 mil I think) and could provide us with a slightly more proven goalie than Hutch or Helle, should something happen to Pavs.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Should we potentially look at Cam Talbot? He's pretty cheap ($1.45 mil I think) and could provide us with a slightly more proven goalie than Hutch or Helle, should something happen to Pavs.

Rags apparently want the sin and the moon for him and I think we have more than enough goalies or prospective goalies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I really hope you mean for Tampa Bay. :laugh:

Still have high hopes for Burmistrov, but that's an absolute no-brainer for Winnipeg. I don't know where this idea came from that Drouin was being shopped by Tampa Bay.

He got scratched a few times. I'd do that deal in a heart beat. I'd even throw in Pavelec...just cause I'm a nice guy.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB

Not worth what the Rangers are asking, not even close. I'm not entirely convinced that Talbot is a safer bet than Hutchinson.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
So assuming Frolik is as good as gone, I would like to see Chevy explore these routes...

Try to sign:
Stafford ( 3 years at 3.5-4 is fine with me... Anything over 4 is a walk away for me)
Stempniak (1-2 years at 2ish, give or take a bit)

I would also look for 1 more forward via FA, here are some names of possible guys I would offer
Joel Ward
Matt Beleskey
Daniel Winnik

Those are pretty well the only forwards that I would even look into. Try and get 1, definitely if we can't sign one or both of Stafford and Stempniak.

As for trades:
Trade Burmi's rights at the draft
At very least explore Byfuglien, see if we can get any good offers, but keep him for now if its not worth it.
And, if it's not looking like we can get Stafford or Stempniak signed next week at the draft, I think we almost have to call some teams that are tight to the cap to see if we can pry a forward off them. Sharp being one, but price is likely a bit too high for us, and I am also guessing Chicago does not want to give us Sharp to play against them with us on the rise as is.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
For

Just absolutely brutal value.

How is this brutal value? If that's all it took to get Drouin I'd be all over it. Just because he on the outside looking in on a very skilled offensive team as a 19 yo doesn't mean he isn't going to be a top 6 winger very soon. Drouin still has the potential to be that 70 point top line winger, more so then anyone we will draft at #17. The rights to Burmi and #17 would be a relatively small price to pay for that type of young player.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
How is this brutal value? If that's all it took to get Drouin I'd be all over it. Just because he on the outside looking in on a very skilled offensive team as a 19 yo doesn't mean he isn't going to be a top 6 winger very soon. Drouin still has the potential to be that 70 point top line winger, more so then anyone we will draft at #17. The rights to Burmi and #17 would be a relatively small price to pay for that type of young player.

I think he meant it was brutal value for TB

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I guess my point would be with such potential talent in the wings the team is much better served to have a slow and deliberate roster construction that fits with the next generation, as opposed to just filling up the roster.

Potential talent. It may be 1, 2 or 3 years away. It may never develop.

We have 8 Fs. We need 6 more. Right now we can't count on any rookies as a sure thing but if we assume Ehlers and Copp make it we still need 4.

None of Stafford, Stempniak, Tlusty nor any other FA is guaranteed either. Even Burmi is not a lock.

The draft is less than a week away. FA Frenzy is a week and a half away. Tick-Tock.

So assuming Frolik is as good as gone, I would like to see Chevy explore these routes...

Try to sign:
Stafford ( 3 years at 3.5-4 is fine with me... Anything over 4 is a walk away for me)

I would also look for 1 more forward via FA, here are some names of possible guys I would offer
Joel Ward
Matt Beleskey
Daniel Winnik

Those are pretty well the only forwards that I would even look into. Try and get 1, definitely if we can't sign one or both of Stafford and Stempniak.

As for trades:
At very least explore Byfuglien, see if we can get any good offers, but keep him for now if its not worth it.
And, if it's not looking like we can get Stafford or Stempniak signed next week at the draft, I think we almost have to call some teams that are tight to the cap to see if we can pry a forward off them. Sharp being one, but price is likely a bit too high for us, and I am also guessing Chicago does not want to give us Sharp to play against them with us on the rise as is.

How can you even think about trading Burmi when we are still minus 6 forwards?

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Tampa gets bent over, sorry thought I was more clear.
With Scott Glennie not being qualified should we bring him in an give him a shot with the Moose? Winnipeg native, just has issues staying healthy and with his consistency.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
With Scott Glennie not being qualified should we bring him in an give him a shot with the Moose? Winnipeg native, just has issues staying healthy and with his consistency.

One-year two-way. Sure, why not.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Tampa gets bent over, sorry thought I was more clear.

Sorry. Thought maybe you were a huge Burmi fan. The thoughts of getting a talent like Drouin without a sacrifice to your current roster would have a GM giddy.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Try to sign:

Joel Ward
Matt Beleskey
Daniel Winnik

As for trades:

Matt Beleskey would fit right in on the Jets , i thought he was one of the best forwards in the series against the Ducks , really like the way he plays the game . Go get him Chevy , especially when we lose Frolik !! I heard a rumor his girlfriend didn't like it here , Winnipeg , if that is true he is gone .:shakehead

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Glennie's numbers aren't terrible. 39 points in 69 games (0.57 PPG) as a 24-year old.

For comparison, Klingberg is the same age and put up 0.58 PPG last season. Mind you, he got traded, but for a decent return.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Glennie's numbers aren't terrible. 39 points in 69 games (0.57 PPG) as a 24-year old.

For comparison, Klingberg is the same age and put up 0.58 PPG last season. Mind you, he got traded, but for a decent return.

Klingberg's AHL numbers.
13-14: 65gp, 22-21-43, 0.66PPG
14-15: 64gp, 17-24-41, 0.64PPG

He got traded for a decent return in a trade which didn't make a lot of sense for the New York Rangers.
He's now allegedly listening to offers from the KHL.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I really hope you mean for Tampa Bay. :laugh:

Still have high hopes for Burmistrov, but that's an absolute no-brainer for Winnipeg. I don't know where this idea came from that Drouin was being shopped by Tampa Bay.

I'm sure he isn't being shopped but I'm also sure he would be available for the right price. It would be high though. Probably higher than we would be willing to pay.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Matt Beleskey would fit right in on the Jets , i thought he was one of the best forwards in the series against the Ducks , really like the way he plays the game . Go get him Chevy , especially when we lose Frolik !! I heard a rumor his girlfriend didn't like it here , Winnipeg , if that is true he is gone .:shakehead

I would be very happy if we got Beleskey.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
At this point, I think we can forget about the Patrick Sharp idea. It's rumored that a lot of teams are interested, and I believe that some win-now team is going to overpay for the "proven winner".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad