Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think that Montreal,Winnipeg and Calgary are about even in strengths and weaknesses.(Montreal had our number as well)..These teams are not consistent...If Edmonton gets the stellar goaltending from Smith, they are tough to beat..The Leafs are the best team, but a one dimensional team (but that one dimension can bury most teams on a good night)..,their goaltending is getting exposed lately.
Anderson is shit

There’s no good pending UFA goalies available either outside of like Bernier

Wonder what they’re going to do. I guess some teams might be worried about the ED?

likash

Apr 17, 2019

That defence is worse than ours. Jets won't do shit in the playoffs. Second round is the max for them. Our division is all forwards with some elite goalies and no defence with the exception of Calgary. Tampa is about to repeat without much trouble.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That defence is worse than ours. Jets won't do shit in the playoffs. Second round is the max for them. Our division is all forwards with some elite goalies and no defence with the exception of Calgary. Tampa is about to repeat without much trouble.

Winnipeg is the one place Edler might consider waiving for and Winnipeg could sorely use him to slot into the overplayed Forbort's slot so they have two high-end pairings.

Pionk and Morrisey are outstanding and Demelo is a very solid #4-5 type. They just need one more top-4 guy to be able to really round things out properly.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Lets hope we can pull a fast one tonight and snatch one away
b5822acf7bf4fec71e081f8841e379c6.gif

And jump on every opportunity
92c5178176122f3cc01d01c7b8398745.gif

and ride that 'train' to victory!
Go Nuckies!
P.S. Great GDT again GP!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You guys think Holtby gets the other game vs Jets?
No..its not a b2b..In saying that, I thought Holtby acquitted himself well in the last game.. In Saturdays game against the Habs..when the Canucks made it 4-3 at the beginning of the third, the shots were 22-14 Habs...Throughout the rest of the third and OT, the Canucks were outshot 18 (the same as we had in the entire game) to 4.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Winnipeg is the one place Edler might consider waiving for and Winnipeg could sorely use him to slot into the overplayed Forbort's slot so they have two high-end pairings.

Pionk and Morrisey are outstanding and Demelo is a very solid #4-5 type. They just need one more top-4 guy to be able to really round things out properly.
I think he's made it pretty clear that he'll only play for the Canucks.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think he's made it pretty clear that he'll only play for the Canucks.

Hmmm someone had mentioned that his wife was from Winnipeg but Googling it it appears she's from Van. He did spend a year there at the start of his career.

Trust me, I'm a charter member of the Edler Won't Waive Club going back to 2014 but if he had connections to Winnipeg then that might be a different situation. However, if the information that was given here was wrong ... maybe not so much.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's tall order, but the Canucks need at least three of four points against the Jets Monday and Wednesday.

After that, they enter their bye week.....and teams around them in the North Division will making up all their games in hand. Canucks will have a far more realistic view of their position by then.

Let's be brutally honest here.....If they come out of the break seven points out of a playoff spot with only 20 games remaining....in the words of the late, great Dandy Don...."turn out the lights, the party's over".

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Montreal game canceled due to COVID.

Canucks should not play either since they were their most recent opponent

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Montreal game canceled due to COVID.

Canucks should not play either since they were their most recent opponent
Can someone explain why our games weren't postponed when Miller and Benn were in contact tracing?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Can someone explain why our games weren't postponed when Miller and Benn were in contact tracing?

Washington's weren't either when all their Russian guys were on the COVID list.

Seems like it's on a case-by-case basis? In this case the league must be worried that the Montreal cases are the tip of a bigger iceberg?

EPL games have been postponed when teams have had a huge outbreak but continue on when one or two cases occur, so this must basically be the same in the NHL.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Variants not as much of a problem back then. They are now and are even more contagious.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hmmm someone had mentioned that his wife was from Winnipeg but Googling it it appears she's from Van. He did spend a year there at the start of his career.

Trust me, I'm a charter member of the Edler Won't Waive Club going back to 2014 but if he had connections to Winnipeg then that might be a different situation. However, if the information that was given here was wrong ... maybe not so much.

I think you may be thinking of Jannik Hansen - Hansen met his wife in Winnipeg while playing for Manitoba and he's very fond of the city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad