Proposal: Jets and Oilers summer blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don’t think we see a big shuffle fore either team this year, but I think next year the two teams could make excellent trade partners.

To EDM: Scheifelle, Ehlers

To WPG: Draisaitl, Yamamoto

Who says no?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
As a Manitoba born Oilers fan, I definitely say no as well.

This isn't me saying Mark and Nik aren't amazing in their own rights. They aren't top 5 like Drai though. And also the salary cap exists and would not allow this to work.

Yama isn't anyting in this deal unfortunately.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Value is about the same there honestly. The Oilers need a defenseman who can actually defend though, heck they might need 2 of them. They also need to get through McDavid's thick skull that it doesn't matter in you score 2 points in you flying the zone early results in 2 against every night. The guy was a better defensive player as an 18 year old than he is now.

They'll do what they always do though and just blame the goaltenders.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Draisaitl is almost three years younger and is miles better than Scheifele. Ehlers is great but he’s quite not enough to bridge the gap value wise between the two.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I have no idea if it's a good indicator, but for kicks I thought I'd see what each combination produces vs. their cap hit.

Based on their production this season, Draisaitl and Yamamoto are producing 38.99 points per $1M of cap over 82 games. Scheifele and Ehlers are producing 22.45 points per $1M of cap over 82 games.

I know - major holes in that, but it's interesting to see what your money gets you when constructing a roster, and how important value contracts are.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that two key players from a team that is supposedly deeper, yet performing worse than the Oilers, will markedly improve the Oilers. Assuming Puljujarvi and RNH come back, forwards won't be the issue.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If the Oilers trade Drais, a top pairing dman would be the first thing going back to Edmonton.

I don't think Winnipeg has the pieces to land Drai but it would start with Morrissey, Schiefele, maybe Lowry too and a few 1st round picks.

The Jets need a stud #1 dman more than Edmonton does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad