Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Blues 2

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Total team effort everyone is on the same page yes there were a couple of bad plays but overall everyone had a good game ... they never stopped skating.
The Blues even with their bounces could not beat the Jets.
Team Corsi Scheifele/Connor on the ice for both goals (both were rebounds D-man blown coverage) but Connor had the game winner and the Jets are 6-0.
The 1st line was good tonight with the underlying numbers, both CF% and xGF%. Another interesting didbit Ehlers had a longer average shift length tonight than Schiefele.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Helly is so solid.

2nd line and 2nd PP unit getting it done although it was a solid team effort. The top line was a bit sloppy in their own zone at times tonight. I liked them on the attack. Connor with the poor puck security letting it get passed him to Parayko. Could have stopped the puck and made a play but got careless, then a pick on Pionk and Snerg gets caught between two forwards on the doorstep and decides to play the puck?? Small details cause pucks to go in the net. Awesome snipe by Kitty Connor coming off the bench on goal 3.

Underrated coaching move Arni pulling the 1st PP unit off after 40 seconds due to a few reckless plays where they were being too cute with the puck and then 2nd PP unit says hold me beer. They score on a wrist shot by Pionk with Nino driving net front for tip…..Perfetti goes low to high, Pionk waited long enough for Nino to get in the lane……….”simple, simple, simple” :clap: Way to go coach.

Really happy with this win vs a quality opponent in their barn.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
There were some bad plays by the Jets, but they never gave up and fought right until the end. Not a bad start, eh? I give this game four "Ernie and Berts" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Kraken has been posted for your guesses. I will not be able to make a GDT for the game against Seattle as I am on the road and will not have time. If someone could volunteer, that would be awesome. I'll try to stay awake for the 9:00pm start, but I make no promises... See you Thursday...

giphy.gif

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The 1st line was good tonight with the underlying numbers, both CF% and xGF%. Another interesting didbit Ehlers had a longer average shift length tonight than Schiefele.
Sitting on the puck pushed his minutes up.:laugh:
But seriously that whole line is coming along very nicely ... the more they play together the better they get.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good game across the board - and the Blues can play.
Our entries / exits are so much better than they have been in years - everyone is getting it together - coaching should get some props

That is the biggest positive change Arniel has made imo. Our breakouts are way more organized.

It also seems that all our dmen have the green light to get involved where appropriate.

Special team also seem to be on the right track.

I think its been a very good start for Scott and his staff.

Teams will eventually catch on so we shall see how he adapts to that.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
6-0 is nice beating a divisional foe also nice, I know it's to early to scoreboard watch but the Stars and Hawks lost and HC is losing and it looks like the lowly Preds will win their first of the year

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Another big change this year is when another tries to get pressure in our zone the Jets generally can get the puck and move it quickly I think the Blues only had one or two moments where they sustained their pressure
Yup they learned their lesson last year against the Avs and worked on it. Penguins did it to the Jets in the first half of the 2nd period and the Jets figured it out.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Our team looks solid top to bottom. Kupari needs to stay as 4C. He is getting better all the time
Quoted for truth. Liked Kupari from the moment we acquired him. Now his talents are starting to show. We need to keep the most productive and complete players in the lineup. Gustafson not necessarily a liability but we are starting to see Kupari pass him. Want Fleury back in next game as well. Might see Bug Eyes next game with Helle likely getting Calgary and for sure the center of the universe Leafs.

Reactions: Mooche and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad