Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 11: Solid Return Season Completed, How Does Next Season Go For the Big Finn?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Spot the difference

9iSK6CP

Wait there isn't one...

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Guy is beasting this year. Carry over from last year. Hopefully we can lock him up on a 8 year @ 5.5 mil type of contract. The dollar amount is probably going to keep going up. Third best forward on this team. He doesn’t have very many quiet nights. He impacts the game much more than most guys because his forecheck is so fierce.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Quite a shot Jesse is unleashing consistently now. He's constantly noticeable out there, a bowling ball wrecking ball and skill on the puck, getting open at right times with speed, scoring big goals. So thankful this all turned around for him and big for the Oilers to have the big Bison.

During the Flames game I watched that if Ceci can pass that puck even near Jesse, he is gone. There was zero chance Flames defenders, namely Zadorov, catch him when he has couple strides to get speed.
Shot was great, some killer mentality which I have hoped he develops. Needs to have focus on finishing with purpose when playing with two best playmakers and some of the Oilers defenders are good at passing the puck as well.

Jesse's late development creates also more room for Connor, as does his forechecking. Someone needs to pay attention when Jesse is taking steps from own blueline and catching speed, if not he might get the puck and be gone. And when they do that it just leaves a bit extra room on ice for Connor.
Leon creates room and time for everyone on the ice.

Next step is to find room from left side of the rink when they have puck in O-zone and shoot those powerful one timers and fill the net.

So happy that our home town kid has found his game in highest level.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Would lock him up if we can now. He is turning out to be a great player.

I always was an advocate of giving the kid more time to develop. It's not uncommon for European players to take some time - thinking of the most famous example of the Sedin sisters who didn't really have any semblance of a break out season until they were into their 5th NHL season. Glad it's working for the kid.

I had the same thoughts about Yakupov, but at this point I think it's safe to say I was probably wrong there. Hard to say as I feel like he never really got the time of day from most teams after the left the Oilers, so wondering if the whole work ethic/mental game took his development off the rails.

Reactions: PulYou

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Question-

Given Puls European vacation etc. etc. what year would he be UFA status if the Oilers don't sign him?

I can't see the cap room for a huge deal either this year or next. I think its likely a bridge deal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
1 year bridge deal, if he blows the doors off this year and next year. Oilers should have enough in 2 years to extend him long term.
Tired of these bridge deals. We did that for Nurse when we should have extended him for as long as possible as soon as possible. We know Puljus an NHLer. That gives us a floor. We know he’s got a high draft pedigree, size, speed, and skill, that means there will ALWAYS be GMs interested. What this means is that long term with this player has minimal risk. So sign him for as long as you can for as cheap as you can and just get this stud into our core already.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Tired of these bridge deals. We did that for Nurse when we should have extended him for as long as possible as soon as possible. We know Puljus an NHLer. That gives us a floor. We know he’s got a high draft pedigree, size, speed, and skill, that means there will ALWAYS be GMs interested. What this means is that long term with this player has minimal risk. So sign him for as long as you can for as cheap as you can and just get this stud into our core already.
So what are you offering him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad