Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi, Andrej Sekera, 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
This is the same person who thinks the Rangers should play Boo Nieves on the first line. It's usually better to just ignore stuff he posts, save yourself some brain cells

Nieves with his 2nd goal of the season..........................will make people rethink that......said nobody ever.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Lias Andersson [7OA, not enough mins for him up here, can step in immediately]
Zuc at half [short term immediately help, either W, approaching 30, does not fit youth movement, good stopgap 2 yrs signing type]
Buchnevich [obviously talented, still blossoming, either side W, upcoming RFA]
DeAngelo [RD, upcoming RFA]
roughly 7ish in cap

for

2019 1st unprotected
Poolparty
cap dump Sekera

that's 3 young build pieces + a good vet
for
Poolparty - not yet bust, but not showing light at end of the tunnel despite the talent, a real project, leaning more bust than boom at this pt

Oil 1st Rangers have to hope this selection winds up being significant, not a guarantee

Sekera, formerly a nice D but now an unproductive contract who's only saving grace atm is the LTIR

Across the board risk, but that's what I see.

I’d accept this for Edmonton. Hard to part with that 1st but this addresses multiple issues

Reactions: Llamamoto

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm praying for Sekera on LTIR. And Lucic on LTIR. And Spooner on LTIR. This entire situation sucks. We have 8 NHL caliber forwards (9 if you count Chaisson), but only 3 are top six worthy. We have 4 legitimate NHL defensemen who are proven every day guys in the system, 2 are injured, and none are a legitimate #1 guy. And no cap space to fix the problems. Chiarelli is just as bad as Tambellini was.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton can't afford the cap going back and Minnesota would need to have a second trade lined up to turn Brodin or Spurgeon into a center.

Minnesota would have to include Brodin to get the Edmonton 1st unprotected. No interest in Coyle and Nino at that price

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I would suggest it’s 50/50 Sekera is done for his career - which is really too bad because he was very good for us. We should know by the end of the month. He apparently doesn’t look very good in practice.

He’s apparently willing to take an AHL assignment to get back up to speed. Do you know if Robidas Island is still taking residents?
Absolutely it is. There's been city council rumblings that it may get changed to hortons hideout, but the bill hasn't passed yet.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minnesota would have to include Brodin to get the Edmonton 1st unprotected. No interest in Coyle and Nino at that price

No they wouldn’t lol

Brodin is worth far more than the difference between a protected and unprotected 1st

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
JP and what could be a lottery pick aren't even close to Chris Kreider on the rebuilding Rangers?

Okay...

Well yeah. When you add a Kreider and lose the anchor that is PoolParty, the likely hood that your pick lands in the top 10 are slim to none.

Kreider provides the answer to your secondary scoring issues and is a possession beast.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No they wouldn’t lol

Brodin is worth far more than the difference between a protected and unprotected 1st

That’s not what I’m saying. Brodin for the unprotected 1st. Not saying on top of Coyle and Nino

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Well yeah. When you add a Kreider and lose the anchor that is PoolParty, the likely hood that your pick lands in the top 10 are slim to none.

Kreider provides the answer to your secondary scoring issues and is a possession beast.

Depth players on elc aren’t anchors

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Chris Kreider isn't going to suddenly put this team in the playoffs. Nor is JP an anchor in any sense of the word.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Depth players on elc aren’t anchors

Call him what ever you want.

McAvoy, a defender, has 10 more points in 40 less games.

Of all the players in his draft class (1st round specific) that have 100 games played, hes the lowest scoring player.

His value is in where he was drafted, not based on what he has done at the NHL level

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Chris Kreider isn't going to suddenly put this team in the playoffs. Nor is JP an anchor in any sense of the word.

Kreider is more likely to get you closer to the playoffs, and keep the team out of the bottom 10 than JP is, meaning any 1st that comes with JP starts to lose its shine.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Kreider is more likely to get you closer to the playoffs, and keep the team out of the bottom 10 than JP is, meaning any 1st that comes with JP starts to lose its shine.
I can say with almost 100% certainty that Chris Kreider doesn't suddenly tip the scales in Edmonton. But we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Seeing this thread, and realizing that the OP was serious, probably means that the rest of the league front offices and scribes have finally stopped laughing at Jarmo for selecting Pierre-Luc Dubois 3rd overall and passing in Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Feliix

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I can say with almost 100% certainty that Chris Kreider doesn't suddenly tip the scales in Edmonton. But we can agree to disagree.

And I can say with almost 100% certainty that having that secondary scoring that your team lacks would be the difference in your 10th place position and 8th in the conference.

Rangers are also in 10th place, but we do not have a McDavid or Draisaitl

FFS, Chiasson is 3rd on the team in goals.

If you dont think having a legit top 6 goal scoring winger doesn't tip the scales, then yes, agree to disagree

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Call him what ever you want.

McAvoy, a defender, has 10 more points in 40 less games.

Of all the players in his draft class (1st round specific) that have 100 games played, hes the lowest scoring player.

His value is in where he was drafted, not based on what he has done at the NHL level

Which, at this point, isn't doing much for him. If he finishes this season and can't manage to increase his scoring significantly, he's going to have very little value other than as a reclamation project.
For his pedigree and how highly regarded he was as a prospect, you expect far more than what he has shown. No one will value him as a former 4OA outside of Edmonton.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
And I can say with almost 100% certainty that having that secondary scoring that your team lacks would be the difference in your 10th place position and 8th in the conference.

Rangers are also in 10th place, but we do not have a McDavid or Draisaitl

FFS, Chiasson is 3rd on the team in goals.

If you dont think having a legit top 6 goal scoring winger doesn't tip the scales, then yes, agree to disagree

one legit top-six winger doesn't make the difference. 3 of them plus an actual productive bottom six does.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Which, at this point, isn't doing much for him. If he finishes this season and can't manage to increase his scoring significantly, he's going to have very little value other than as a reclamation project.
For his pedigree and how highly regarded he was as a prospect, you expect far more than what he has shown. No one will value him as a former 4OA outside of Edmonton.

There are teams that would still offer up a late 2nd for him.

If I'm Edm I'm not trading him for that just yet.

I'd rather wait for him to "get it" and be wro f and eventually trade him for a 3rd than move him for a 2nd today and watch him blossom else where.

From the Rangers perspective, I'm not interested in placing any significant value on him due to his draft position.

Hes looking more like a bust than a player currently

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There are teams that would still offer up a late 2nd for him.

If I'm Edm I'm not trading him for that just yet.

I'd rather wait for him to "get it" and be wro f and eventually trade him for a 3rd than move him for a 2nd today and watch him blossom else where.

From the Rangers perspective, I'm not interested in placing any significant value on him due to his draft position.

Hes looking more like a bust than a player currently

Exactly what I mean. To Edmonton, and considering his draft pedigree, a late 2nd is reclamation project value.

But yes, if I'm Edmonton, I'd just assume wait and hope he figures it out soon.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
one legit top-six winger doesn't make the difference. 3 of them plus an actual productive bottom six does.

The extra 18 goals and 26 points Kreider has over Puljujarvi could very well be 6 points of difference in the standings. Especially considering that would give you two lines that are a threat to score, spreading out the other teams defensive efforts. Would it make you a shoe-in for the playoffs? Probably not, but as it stands, it would be a notable improvement.

Reactions: pld459666

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

McDavid and either Leon or Kreider

RNH and either Kreider or Leon

Either provide a great start to the top 6.

Either is also a whole lot better than that same scenario with JP in there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad