Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi, Andrej Sekera, 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
The comment you're going to get is we wouldn't touch this. It doesn't make sense, giving up 4 players we ice for 1 player and a future pick isn't going to work.

I could maybe see something around Andersson and Puljujarvi in some deal, but I don't see the rest of those players included with us taking back Sekera. It's not like all our prospects are ready to step in next season, it would just be a step backwards.

I wouldn't trade Puljujarvi for Andersson. He is improving steadily, and the stats will come.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would absolutely adore that from an Oilers perspective, though I can hardly see the Rangers doing it. The value is dripping in our favour.

Lias Andersson = Puljujarvi
1st << Buch + Deangelo
Sekera <<<<< Zuc

Lias Andersson, Mats Zuccarello, Pavel Buchnevich, and Anthony DeAngelo for Puljujarvi, a 1st, and Sekera?

Andersson =< 1st
Buchnevich >> Puljujarvi
Zucc + DeAngeo >>>>>>>>>>> Sekera

I'd jump on that from an Oilers point of view.

Could other Rangers fans comment?

Although I expect your place in standings to go up after this deal, adversely impacting draft pick slotting, I would still gamble on such overpayment yielding a top 5 pick, with the hope, the hope it is top 3.

So far that reason, I overpaid.
Yes, the value is skewed. I should have insisted on next year's 2nd and a decent prospect as well.

As to the NY side, we should shed depth assets to get a remaining core for next yr when Kravtsov and hopefully Panarin come on board. Ridding the excess depth = more losses this season, = better % for higher draft slotting.

While overpayment, it is in currency Rangers can do for the ask.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I wouldn't trade Puljujarvi for Andersson. He is improving steadily, and the stats will come.
That's fine, and I didn't even mean just 1-1, but I can't see the others being included.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As to the NY side, we should shed depth assets to get a remaining core for next yr when Kravtsov and hopefully Panarin come on board. Ridding the excess depth = more losses this season, = better % for higher draft slotting.

That's something some fans want. Our coach will not have the team playing to lose. Our management is not going to have our team going out there with the intention of being lower in the standings. For the most part, it just doesn't work that way. There's a few occasions where you can debate whether a team tanked at the end of the season, but that's still rare. You can argue that part of the problem is we haven't have really high draft picks, and haven't found elite players elsewhere in the draft, but the goal will still be to develop the players we have and not sink as far as we can in the standings. Panarin isn't a sure bet, so there's no need to offload Buch and DeAngelo until after July. Both will still be an RFA.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The comment you're going to get is we wouldn't touch this. It doesn't make sense, giving up 4 players we ice for 1 player and a future pick isn't going to work.

I could maybe see something around Andersson and Puljujarvi in some deal, but I don't see the rest of those players included with us taking back Sekera. It's not like all our prospects are ready to step in next season, it would just be a step backwards.

disagree on the bold
Andy + = their 1st unprotected +

would take a chance on Poolparty, even overpay slightly, but not with 7OA currency who has barely played long enough to impact his market value.

We need to take a step backwards to go forwards
get the 1st
We will have enuf depth by next season, even if we unload Zuc, Namest and others.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That's something some fans want. Our coach will not have the team playing to lose. Our management is not going to have our team going out there with the intention of being lower in the standings. For the most part, it just doesn't work that way. There's a few occasions where you can debate whether a team tanked at the end of the season, but that's still rare. You can argue that part of the problem is we haven't have really high draft picks, and haven't found elite players elsewhere in the draft, but the goal will still be to develop the players we have and not sink as far as we can in the standings. Panarin isn't a sure bet, so there's no need to offload Buch and DeAngelo until after July. Both will still be an RFA.

Not saying coach will let them lose.
I'm saying we trade some of the horses we have now for upside in the near future.
If there is less depth, guys still here get naturally tired by end of the year, that works for us.
Coach can draw it up, players have to execute, and every player is less with less energy.

Also Panarin, yes is not a given, but it is an acceptable risk, and the issue of when to unload is when the return is better,

Oil want help NOW.
If they pay, give it to them.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Lias Andersson [7OA, not enough mins for him up here, can step in immediately]
Zuc at half [short term immediately help, either W, approaching 30, does not fit youth movement, good stopgap 2 yrs signing type]
Buchnevich [obviously talented, still blossoming, either side W, upcoming RFA]
DeAngelo [RD, upcoming RFA]
roughly 7ish in cap

for

2019 1st unprotected
Poolparty
cap dump Sekera

that's 3 young build pieces + a good vet
for
Poolparty - not yet bust, but not showing light at end of the tunnel despite the talent, a real project, leaning more bust than boom at this pt

Oil 1st Rangers have to hope this selection winds up being significant, not a guarantee

Sekera, formerly a nice D but now an unproductive contract who's only saving grace atm is the LTIR

Across the board risk, but that's what I see.
This is worse than OP

Reactions: UnSandvich

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
handful of beans..
Hear me out on this one... they are magic beans..

Don't trade away your 1st round pick.. there's no quick fix..

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Fan of neither team but I would like to see Kreider play with McDavid

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
New
To Edmonton: Tatar + Evans/Vejdemo + 2nd Rounder + 4th Rounder
To Montreal: Pulijarvi + Sekera + 1st Rounder​

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Puljujarvi's value right now is very similar to what Paajarvi's value was in the Perron trade. I think you could pull off a scoring 2nd line winger with 2 or so years of control for Puljujarvi and a 2nd rounder. You just have to find that scoring 2nd line winger, because I have no idea who that would be.

I think Edmonton would have to add, but I wonder how close Puljujarvi and a 2nd for Toffoli would be.

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
oilers need to keep the pick chia needs and maybe poolparty to go your building a team through trading has proved to be a failure

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
So how much is a 40 to 50 point winger worth?

So tell the answer, afterwards give me a few examples. Thanks

Sekera has negative value and while PoolParty still has some potential his value in trade at the moment is minimal. The only piece of real value is the first and unless it’s unprotected that’s not going to get you a young top six forward on a cheap contract. This is obvious to everybody but you and the OP.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Anderson is a much better player than Pul

Why? Puljujarvi is only a few months older than him, and he has accomplished much more in the NHL. He scored 11 goals last year, and is far better defensively, and was the victim of terrible coaching.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Sekera has negative value and while PoolParty still has some potential his value in trade at the moment is minimal. The only piece of real value is the first and unless it’s unprotected that’s not going to get you a young top six forward on a cheap contract. This is obvious to everybody but you and the OP.

You decided not to answer my questions. Ok. No worries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad