Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi, Andrej Sekera, 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
What is the value of Jesse Puljujarvi, Andrej Sekera, and 1st round pick?

Looking for a top six winger under 28, with a contract of under 5 million.
Discuss.

Probably won't get you that kind of player.

The first is nice and should be a lottery pick. JP's value is going to be really low and Sekera has no value at all.

A first on its own probably won't get you a first line under 28 year old on a cheap contract. The cost for something like that is going to involve a really good piece plus the first round pick.

Reactions: bernmeister

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Not a guy with loads of term, maybe 1.5 years, like Kreider.

And JPs value is a lot higher than most people think. Jordan Kyrou, Sam Steel, Oli Juolevi, Logan Brown, all don't play in the NHL.

Most of them aren't considered busts. Puljujarvi just went higher overall, and he was one of the youngest players in the draft.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
There is a good chance that Sekera stays on LTIR. If so, then the trade could be Pulju + 1st straight up for him.

space321

May 11, 2011
Minnesota could see Puljujarvi as a good reclamation project, but Edmonton's cap situation is UGLY. Not familiar with Minnesota's cap though so I don't know if something can be worked out. I'm gonna guess probably not.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What is the value of Jesse Puljujarvi, Andrej Sekera, and 1st round pick?

Looking for a top six winger under 28, with a contract of under 5 million.
Discuss.
Sekera has negative value ar this point.The package would be more valuable taking him out.

Pool Party's value will be higher to Edmonton then anyone else.

And that Oiler 1st should be top 10 protected .

Really the most intriguing piece is that Oiler first.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Sekera has negative value ar this point.The package would be more valuable taking him out.

Pool Party's value will be higher to Edmonton then anyone else.

And that Oiler 1st should be top 10 protected .

Really the most intriguing piece is that Oiler first.

I just added Sekera to even out the cap. I wonder what the value of our first this year (top 5/10 protected) would be.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Depends on the return.
Sekera has 2 more seasons on his contract and a caphit of $4.5m per in each season . Imo he lowers the value of this package. Yeah ,I get that Edmonton needs to move him out because of a cap crunch,but he brings negative value.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

And JPs value is a lot higher than most people think. Jordan Kyrou, Sam Steel, Oli Juolevi, Logan Brown, all don't play in the NHL.

Most of them aren't considered busts. Puljujarvi just went higher overall, and he was one of the youngest players in the draft.

That offer doesn't come close to Kreider..

Sorry

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018

Exactly...So trading him now, at 20 yrs old, with such low value, won't solve anything. It's a short term solution at the cost of the bigger picture.
He's actually been one of the better players during the skid. Everyone just looks at that one giveaway vs Tampa, but don't see all the hard work, grinding and physical play he brings every game.

He laid out 3 solid hits vs Winnipeg, starting to realize how to use his size. He's played 11 less games than McDavid, Nuge, Draisatil, Lucic and Kassian and has blocked more shots than all of them. He's deceptively strong, he's probably the 2nd fastest skater on the team, and he's got a wicked shot. Remember, when Finland won the WJC, he was the MVP (over Laine, Aho, and Matthews) and had top scorer honors. His potential is limitless
He's a boy in a man's body, but with experience and time, he'll grow into it, and when he does, Edmonton will be thanking their lucky stars they didn't give up on him and trade him for a mediocre winger that probably will only play a couple years for Edmonton, and make little to no difference

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lias Andersson [7OA, not enough mins for him up here, can step in immediately]
Zuc at half [short term immediately help, either W, approaching 30, does not fit youth movement, good stopgap 2 yrs signing type]
Buchnevich [obviously talented, still blossoming, either side W, upcoming RFA]
DeAngelo [RD, upcoming RFA]
roughly 7ish in cap

for

2019 1st unprotected
Poolparty
cap dump Sekera

that's 3 young build pieces + a good vet
for
Poolparty - not yet bust, but not showing light at end of the tunnel despite the talent, a real project, leaning more bust than boom at this pt

Oil 1st Rangers have to hope this selection winds up being significant, not a guarantee

Sekera, formerly a nice D but now an unproductive contract who's only saving grace atm is the LTIR

Across the board risk, but that's what I see.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Zuc at half [short term immediately help, either W, approaching 30, does not fit youth movement, good stopgap 2 yrs signing type]
roughly 7ish in cap

for

2019 1st unprotected
Poolparty
cap dump Sekera

for
Poolparty - not yet bust, but not showing light at end of the tunnel despite the talent, a real project, leaning more bust than boom at this pt

Oil 1st Rangers have to hope this selection winds up being significant, not a guarantee

Sekera, formerly a nice D but now an unproductive contract who's only saving grace atm is the LTIR

I would absolutely adore that from an Oilers perspective, though I can hardly see the Rangers doing it. The value is dripping in our favour.

Lias Andersson = Puljujarvi
1st << Buch + Deangelo
Sekera <<<<< Zuc

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
roughly 7ish in cap

for

2019 1st unprotected
Poolparty
cap dump Sekera

for

Lias Andersson, Mats Zuccarello, Pavel Buchnevich, and Anthony DeAngelo for Puljujarvi, a 1st, and Sekera?

Andersson =< 1st
Buchnevich >> Puljujarvi
Zucc + DeAngeo >>>>>>>>>>> Sekera

I'd jump on that from an Oilers point of view.

Could other Rangers fans comment?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sounds like you're trying to sacrifice a young player and a 1st, just to shed some cap dunp, while getting a good return.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minnesota could see Puljujarvi as a good reclamation project, but Edmonton's cap situation is UGLY. Not familiar with Minnesota's cap though so I don't know if something can be worked out. I'm gonna guess probably not.

I would consider that deal for Nino/Zucker if the 1st remains unprotected, but neither of them make under 5M.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Nyquist. A couple years older than OP wanted but headed for a 60+ point season.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Lias Andersson, Mats Zuccarello, Pavel Buchnevich, and Anthony DeAngelo for Puljujarvi, a 1st, and Sekera?

Andersson =< 1st
Buchnevich >> Puljujarvi
Zucc + DeAngeo >>>>>>>>>>> Sekera

I'd jump on that from an Oilers point of view.

Could other Rangers fans comment?

The comment you're going to get is we wouldn't touch this. It doesn't make sense, giving up 4 players we ice for 1 player and a future pick isn't going to work.

I could maybe see something around Andersson and Puljujarvi in some deal, but I don't see the rest of those players included with us taking back Sekera. It's not like all our prospects are ready to step in next season, it would just be a step backwards.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The comment you're going to get is we wouldn't touch this. It doesn't make sense, giving up 4 players we ice for 1 player and a future pick isn't going to work.

I could maybe see something around Andersson and Puljujarvi in some deal, but I don't see the rest of those players included with us taking back Sekera. It's not like all our prospects are ready to step in next season, it would just be a step backwards.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I was just curious because it was a Rangers fan proposing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad