Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Then you miss out on some of the fun, Nabob.

I realize you have been posting at hf for three more days than I have, but that doesn't mean you should be slacking.

hahaha respect my seniority!

nah that’s why I ignored this thread all summer. Hoping something happens with Jesse before the December deadline, but it looks like he’s still being incredibly stupid and sticking to his guns.
Would be interesting to know if something happened to him here that hasn’t been made public yet.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
They have his rights for seven years. They can wait for a good return instead of taking whatever is offered now. Jesse may change his mind in a year or two. He wouldn't be the first.

I suppose, I guess time will tell. I would think it would make sense to trade him soonish especially if he goes on performing well this season. Additional years in Europe would probably affect negatively as regards his value.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I suppose, I guess time will tell. I would think it would make sense to trade him soonish especially if he goes on performing well this season. Additional years in Europe would probably affect negatively as regards his value.
Yes that would seem to be the case, also something he needs to consider.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I’m not even arguing about him not getting good ice time lol. I’m simply stating that you saying all of McDavid, Hall, Eberle, etc started in the bottom six and worked their way up in BS.

you did list McDavid as one of the players who had to Work his way up the lineup...I didn’t use any straw man. I repeated what you said...

So you ignored everything I said because McDavid is a generational player?

Which he got the same second line minutes Pulju did out of the draft. Thing is, McDavid lit the league on fire while Pulju stumbled around like a lost disinterested deer on ice.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So you ignored everything I said because McDavid is a generational player?

Which he got the same second line minutes Pulju did out of the draft. Thing is, McDavid lit the league on fire while Pulju stumbled around like a lost disinterested deer on ice.

No Im not going to bother responding when you can’t even admit what you said, then say I’m using a straw man after I repeated what you had said...

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No Im not going to bother responding when you can’t even admit what you said, then say I’m using a straw man after I repeated what you had said...

I made an encompassing argument about player treatment over the entire organization, and you're nitpicking one or two small things and invalidating the entire sample with it.

I'm not in the slightest denying what I said.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I made an encompassing argument about player treatment over the entire organization, and you're nitpicking one or two small things and invalidating the entire sample with it.

I'm not in the slightest denying what I said.
Yes large parts of what you said were not even remotely true. You used those as points to support your argument and now you’re double speaking. Like I said, I’m done.

space321

May 11, 2011
hahaha respect my seniority!

nah that’s why I ignored this thread all summer. Hoping something happens with Jesse before the December deadline, but it looks like he’s still being incredibly stupid and sticking to his guns.
Would be interesting to know if something happened to him here that hasn’t been made public yet.

I don't think it's stupid to choose somewhere that he can be happy compared to somewhere that he's miserable. I admire Jesse's decisions.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Here is an extremely detailed look at his progress thus far in Liiga where the writer watched every shift he has taken thus far. Lots and lots of video.

It’s the Athletic so it’s behind a paywall but worth the couple of bucks a month.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Here is an extremely detailed look at his progress thus far in Liiga where the writer watched every shift he has taken thus far. Lots and lots of video.

It’s the Athletic so it’s behind a paywall but worth the couple of bucks a month.

What was his conclusion?

Reactions: Aerchon

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I don't think it's stupid to choose somewhere that he can be happy compared to somewhere that he's miserable. I admire Jesse's decisions.
I guess maybe it’s more the way what he says are interpreted through text in interviews.
I’m actually happy for him that he seems to be enjoying the game again. Most players view it as a business, I’m betting he’s one of the few who actually view it as a game that he loves.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What was his conclusion?
Good North/South speed.
Has an awkward stride that requires him to use additional energy to gain top speed.
Excellent shot generation--30 ahead of anyone else in Liiga.
Good puck protection.

He shows in depth that JP is showing the fundamentals of a player who's maturing, but points out instances where it's clear he's got room to grow.

Crazy that Hitchcock had him PKing. Jesse had no idea what he was doing.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Good North/South speed.
Has an awkward stride that requires him to use additional energy to gain top speed.
Good puck protection.

He shows in depth that JP is showing the fundamentals of a player who's maturing, but points out instances where it's clear he's got room to grow.

I'm assuming it was a sink or swim kinda of situation while also trying to build up some comfort for JP thinking his coach trusted him enough to have him on the PK. At that point though I don't think there was any fixing him. I can see why JP thinks he needs a complete restart in terms of an NHL career, I just with he and his agent weren't going about it so poorly.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I think JP has to say that he has no interest in returning. If he said it was a possibility, he'd be here already. It might be playing in the AHL but he would "part" of the organization.

I know some (or most) of you say there is no chance in him coming back, I actually think there is and I believe that is why Holland is there now. JP and his agent can say whatever they want...it means nothing. His career in the NHL (and the $$) are the most important and I guarantee they know what they should do, even though they say otherwise.

I think the only way JP gets traded is if its a no brainer. If not, Holland will let him rot in Europe. The easiest way for JP to fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL is to say YES....as in yes I'll come back.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think JP has to say that he has no interest in returning. If he said it was a possibility, he'd be here already. It might be playing in the AHL but he would "part" of the organization.

I know some (or most) of you say there is no chance in him coming back, I actually think there is and I believe that is why Holland is there now. JP and his agent can say whatever they want...it means nothing. His career in the NHL (and the $$) are the most important and I guarantee they know what they should do, even though they say otherwise.

I think the only way JP gets traded is if its a no brainer. If not, Holland will let him rot in Europe. The easiest way for JP to fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL is to say YES....as in yes I'll come back.
He's not going t the AHL. He would never clear waivers. If the plan was to send him down, they'd take any pick they could get and be done with it.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Good North/South speed.
Good puck protection.

He never PK'ed to my recollection. Hitch alluded it was coming but it never happened

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He never PK'ed to my recollection. Hitch alluded it was coming but it never happened
Yeah, you remember correctly. I remember Hitchcock mentioning it and just assumed that it happened. The idea that it was even mentioned by him just shows how far off his expectations of him were.

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
So Jesse plays this year in Liiga (200 000€ per season). Then four seasons in KHL (800 000 € net per season). Then signs a contract to NHL as a free agent. I don´t think he will have to live on ramen with that career trajectory. He´ll be fine careerwise even if Oilers are bitter and dont trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad