Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 39 24.5%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • Trade

Votes: 75 47.2%

• Total voters

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
On the other side is Swayman not going to sign with a team he's traded to and thus keep not earning money and not playing hockey? He's an RFA not a UFA. He wants more than 8 million there might not be anywhere for him to play. If you were him would you sit for a year and earn nothing? Maybe a bridge deal in his new home but can't see him holding out and not playing. He'd be throwing a lot of
money and prime year(s) away.

Most likely any trade would involve a future considerations type package where a pick becomes a 1st or something if he signs. So I'd think a top 6 forward, maybe a backup goalie and a conditional top pick. If they can't get that then well, they (and us) lose big time on the deal.

Best case scenario he signs this week for that 8x8 alluded to.

In the meantime, regarding Korpisalo, people need to remember that there were a lot of raised eyebrows when they signed Ullmark and initially he struggled and people said "fire Sweeney" and then down the road we had a Vezina. Korpisalo's track record isn't all that different from what Ullmark's was when he came here. Have faith.
I have to dispute that. Ullmark's SV% with Buffalo was .905, they were the worst team in the league at the time. Korpi only put up those types of numbers 2 or 3 out of 9 years playing behind good teams as a back-up. I do think Korpi will be better with Boston due to their D, team play and goalie coach Bob, but Ullmark came in as a better goalie from the get go. He improved in Boston to Vezina level. I'd be surprised if Korpi ever reaches that level, but you never know.

Reactions: wintersej

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
we can make anything up to 8.5mil work without cutting salary and still keep a full 23 man roster IIRC. They can make 9,5mil just barely work if they run a 22 man roster by sending Poitras down.
Yeah, I don't see that happening. It would handcuff the team and management's ability to make moves or even ice the team they were expecting. Never mind injuries and the trade deadline for improvements. They need some sort of flexibility.
Plus, it would kind of make this year a wash ... having to ice whatever we have left and hope for the best. Do you have any idea how frustrated we as fans would become with management because we have no cap space to make any type of move.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
I would take Askarov, a pick(would like a 1st, 25 or 26), and a proven wing or center ... but I would want all 3 in return. Then use whatever cap space is left to improve the team in other areas. Askarov has a lot of potential he might be ready for a backup roll or may still need some time.
That is assuming Swayman's camp refused to budge.
I would take Askarov + the 2025 1st but it *cannot be* lottery protected. We don't need another #22 overall pick someday, need a shot at a top 10.

No idea if San Jose is looking to exit their rebuilding phase just yet, that 2025 pick could be important to them. While they have several very interesting kids, they were still a dreadful team last season.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I would take Askarov + the 2025 1st but it *cannot be* lottery protected. We don't need another #22 overall pick someday, need a shot at a top 10.

No idea if San Jose is looking to exit their rebuilding phase just yet, that 2025 pick could be important to them. While they have several very interesting kids, they were still a dreadful team last season.
goalies just do not bring that type of return, even a really good young one like Sway. I find it very unlikely that they get something back as valuable as Sway is in any trade, it's a shitty position for the bruins to be in.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Swayman isn’t going to sign in San Jose.

• Haha

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
goalies just do not bring that type of return, even a really good young one like Sway. I find it very unlikely that they get something back as valuable as Sway is in any trade, it's a shitty position for the bruins to be in.
You're probably right.

Remember the good old days when we were getting Draisatl for Swayman :D

Swayman isn’t going to sign in San Jose.
Good to know. Did he tell you why not?

• Haha

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
But but but we've been lead to believe Swayman's value is 9 - 10 mil per yer ???

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
To Utah for Josh Doan would be a solid trade. Young natural RW to fill the open roster spot.

I could see something with Calgary. Maybe a 1st + Huberdeau with ~2mil retained. They get out of that contract, B's take a risk on a struggling top 6 forward but get a high pick as well.

Ducks for Zegras would be good. One head case for another. I'd like to see what Zegras can do when the games actually matter instead of going through the motions on a losing team.

• Haha

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
To Utah for Josh Doan would be a solid trade. Young natural RW to fill the open roster spot.

I could see something with Calgary. Maybe a 1st + Huberdeau with ~2mil retained. They get out of that contract, B's take a risk on a struggling top 6 forward but get a high pick as well.

Ducks for Zegras would be good. One head case for another. I'd like to see what Zegras can do when the games actually matter instead of going through the motions on a losing team.
Calgary has a good up and coming prospect goaltender (Wolfe?... can't remember) but he should be part of any return.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I would love to believe Gross has been keeping things from Swayman, like he did with Gaudreau (rip) and Nylander.

I went from being a huge Swayman fan to feeling like he's an egomaniac demanding to be the highest paid goalie in the league without earning that title and to hell with the fallout for his team. That's been a painful fall from grace.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
There is a possibility that Gross is playing the semantics game to try and save public perception, since he loves the cloak and dagger media game. Maybe Neely was thinking what they offered was clear and with some conjecture and simple math, it equals 64 mill but how the actual conversation went was " we'd be willing to do 8 a year on a max year offer ". Something along those lines.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I have to dispute that. Ullmark's SV% with Buffalo was .905, they were the worst team in the league at the time. Korpi only put up those types of numbers 2 or 3 out of 9 years playing behind good teams as a back-up. I do think Korpi will be better with Boston due to their D, team play and goalie coach Bob, but Ullmark came in as a better goalie from the get go. He improved in Boston to Vezina level. I'd be surprised if Korpi ever reaches that level, but you never know.
Korpisalo has been wildly inconsistent but when he's had a decent D in front of him he's had .920 SV% type numbers so we can have hope I think. Ullmark said Goalie Bob made him better so let's hope he can do it again.

obviously we all prefer Swayman signed and playing great but it is what it is. Just might not be as gloomy as some think. We might actually need a top 6 scoring forward more than a goalie if you really want to dig deep.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Literally the only scenario that makes sense is Gross not telling Swayman about the offer.

What benefit would Neely have by lying about it.
I don't see where Neely lied. The quote is:
I don’t want to get into the weeds with what his ask is but I have 64 million reasons why I’d be playing right now,
Nothing about an offer being made. Neely is just throwing that up in the air. The rest is inference.

• Haha

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So a few things.

Sounds like Neely wasn't truthful (shocker)
Sounds like Gross was overdramatic (shocker)
Sounds like the 6.5 and 9.5 may have both been very close to starting offers
Sounds like the B's are making more of an effort to reach a deal
Sounds like the B's view him close to Saros and a notch below Hellebuyck
Sounds like Swayman views himself closer to Vaz and Bob
Sounds like it may drag out close to the deadline
Sounds like a trade has a better chance of happening with each passing week
Sounds like Neely made a huge mistake today and things may be irrepairable
Absolutely nothing you said here was stated in that article. Let it play out. Time to touch grass

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would love to believe Gross has been keeping things from Swayman, like he did with Gaudreau (rip) and Nylander.

I went from being a huge Swayman fan to feeling like he's an egomaniac demanding to be the highest paid goalie in the league without earning that title and to hell with the fallout for his team. That's been a painful fall from grace.
Same. I am ready to roll with Korpi and to hell with this drama. Bruins will be alright.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Well one of the 4 goalies was Swayman himself. My argument was never about goalie comps. My point was that goalie comps aren't the only factor here in this overall negotiation. No one here is flip-flopping anything. You didn't even answer my direct question. I guess that is how you negotiate in your business career, ignoring shit you don't want to hear. You must be a heck of a negotiator.

I'm done with you too. &^%$ off somewhere. Don't worry, you'll never see me post on this board again after today.

In this forum you are right. Baseless speculation only serves to upset the angry mob that has taken over this place.
''never see me post on this board again after today.''
Because of that guy?

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
I think sea bass needs to make an appearance in gross’s room in the middle of the night to discuss things.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just a few hours after team president Cam Neely seemed to suggest that the Bruins have presented Jeremy Swayman with a $64 million contract offer, the restricted free agent goaltender’s agent responded with a strongly worded statement about the state of their contract stalemate.

Swayman’s agent, Lewis Gross, posted the statement on social media on Monday night.
“Normally, I do not release statements or discuss negotiations through the media,” Gross noted. “However, in this case, I feel the need to defend my client. At today’s press conference, $64 million was referenced. This was the first time that number was discussed in our negotiations. Prior to the press conference, no offer was made reaching that level.

“We are extremely disappointed. This was not fair to Jeremy. We will take a few days to discuss where we go from here.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad