Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Management Speaks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 60 45.5%

• Total voters

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Its hilarious its the same band members trying to pretend like Neely made it up.

Explain how him making up an offer makes any sense.

Talk about coming with a pre-conceived notion and then bending reality to fit your opinion. Yikes.

That’s exactly what you’re doing in the other direction lol

Unless you have some inside knowledge there’s no difference

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
Why did Neely only mention the $64M offer? Wasn't it said that multiple offers were made, presumably ones with different terms, conditions and duration? Why didn't he mention the other offers Swayman turned down? They might have both theoretically wanted long term deals but obviously Swayman in that scenario wanted more than $8M.

Swayman then may have been open or even preferred a shorter term so he can cash in when he has more leverage as a player with more of a track record but maybe the Bruins were only interested in a long term deal and shorter ones were lowballed (maybe)?

In any case, since Neely was so open about disclosing the long term deal, I'd be interested in any of the other offers declined. Interesting that Neely only picked that one.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1727739175240.png

NGL, I am very surprised by this so far.

Reactions: Mad Dr Pepper

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Btw for the "Neely is lying" group, present motive. What's the motive? If you lie there you risk destroying the negotiation forever and losing the goalie. That's the plan?

Gross lying on the other hand, makes total sense if you're holding out for 9-10M, and you see all of Boston lose their minds that 8x8 wasn't enough

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Its hilarious its the same band members trying to pretend like Neely made it up.

Talk about coming with a pre-conceived notion and then bending reality to fit your opinion. Yikes.
Maybe it was an offer internally just never conveyed to Swayman's team? Who knows. Maybe Gross is flat out lying. We will see.

He is not lying. Why would he do that? It doesn't make sense.
any chance he and Sweeney talked about making the offer and it never was formally made?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Neely woke up on a Monday and decided to destroy his reputation and credibility :sarcasm:

Reactions: lopey

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Trade him for stuff! I think hes really good and deserves to be paid but too much of a headache for this regime. I believe that the bruins will get adaquate goaltending from their current group and if you can get either a big time prospect or current young player thats good i think its worth doing

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Of course Neely wouldn't lie, I mean the Mitchell Miller stuff never happened
It’s almost immaterial. The $64m figure is out there now so they effectively have to sign him for (at least) that amount, or Swayman can say I called and said fine, I’ll take the 8/8 and they said no. 8/8 is effectively the floor now.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe it was an offer internally just never conveyed to Swayman's team? Who knows. Maybe Gross is flat out lying. We will see.

any chance he and Sweeney talked about making the offer and it never was formally made?
Maybe? Does it matter in the scheme of things? If Swayman turned down $64 million talks are off if Im Sweeney. Make him sweat and trade him.

Reactions: Bodit9

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Btw for the "Neely is lying" group, present motive. What's the motive? If you lie there you risk destroying the negotiation forever and losing the goalie. That's the plan?

Gross lying on the other hand, makes total sense if you're holding out for 9-10M, and you see all of Boston lose their minds that 8x8 wasn't enough
1727739495754.gif

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

If swayman is holding out for 9 or 10 million then this isn’t even a convo because you wouldn’t need to lie you would just say we aren’t interested in that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad