Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Management Speaks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 60 45.5%

• Total voters

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah makes no sense for Neely to lie about this. Him coming out and saying it publicly sets the teams floor offer at 8x8. So why say it if it isn't true?

The only way it could make sense is if they already decided to trade him I guess? And they are still talking about trying to make it work to help trade value? I dunno. The Occam's razor is Gross covering his ass.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Then don't buy it. You or anyone else. I think it's naive and childish to think otherwise but whatever. Business is ruthless. Continue to believe that these negotiations are just two parties drumming up goalie comparables from the present and past if it makes you feel better.

After Gross's statement anyone who can't see by now how this ends, wasn't a Bruins fan back in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

I'm going to take my leave and head back to the real world. Enjoy your fantasy land with your Korpisalo/Bussi tandem.
Ok. Enjoy the "real world"

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Then don't buy it. You or anyone else. I think it's naive and childish to think otherwise but whatever. Business is ruthless. Continue to believe that these negotiations are just two parties drumming up goalie comparables from the present and past if it makes you feel better.

After Gross's statement anyone who can't see by now how this ends, wasn't a Bruins fan back in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

I'm going to take my leave and head back to the real world. Enjoy your fantasy land with your Korpisalo/Bussi tandem.
Trade ?

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Yeah makes no sense for Neely to lie about this. Him coming out and saying it publicly sets the teams floor offer at 8x8. So why say it if it isn't true?

The only way it could make sense is if they already decided to trade him I guess? And they are still talking about trying to make it work to help trade value? I dunno. The Occam's razor is Gross covering his ass.
I think it's Bruins reaching out directly to Swayman and the fan base. Gross is the problem here

Reactions: Ladyfan and lopey

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
200w.gif

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hard to say who's lying. The front office has been known to not be truthful. Agent has issues, but who knows. Truth is probably in the middle somewhere.

Reactions: HustleB

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
So someone is lying.

I don’t see what benefit it would have to Neely though.

Seems like an easy way for Swayman to save face and take the offer though if the backlash got to him.
No offense to Cam but I don't think he's clever enough or a good enough actor to pretend to accidentally blurt out a made up number. That would be some serious machiavellian manipulation. Cam is known more for losing his cool in interviews and saying things he shouldn't.

What's more belivable? Cam is frustrated and revealed something he shouldn't? Or an agent with a questionable reputation is lying?

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
If he doesn’t sign in the next 48 hours it really feels like he’s not a bruin long term and that sucks.

I’m not sure certain posters on this board will be bruins fans long term if that happens either lol

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I think Swayman wants a deal done. I have a feeling, based on this save my ass statement, is that Gross never told him about the offer
Yeah it's either that or Neely cutting to the chase and 8/8 is where both sides figured they were going to end up so he just said it out loud.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Because saying 64 million reasons by Neely makes the Bruins locked in at that number at tbe very least. Makes no sense for him to do that

But what if there really hasn’t been an offer and that was just a PR stunt by Neely?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
No offense to Cam but I don't think he's clever enough or a good enough actor to pretend to accidentally blurt out a made up number. That would be some serious machiavellian manipulation. Cam is known more for losing his cool in interviews and saying things he shouldn't.

What's more belivable? Cam is frustrated and revealed something he shouldn't? Or an agent with a questionable reputation is lying?
Or a liar lying?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't even know if it's a good idea to have him back at this point

Best case scenario is Gross didn't relay all the info and Swayman resents his agent more than the Bruins. But that's very wishful thinking of mine.
What a silly take. This is why Neely put this spin out there. To win support for dumping him for pennies on the dollar.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad