Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
63-37-46-33 and many more have all taken team friendly deals to keep the team competitive Mr Jeremy has to do the same
and the team used those savings to bring in impactful signings such as <checks notes> Matt Belesky and the ghost of David Backes. If i saw how the money i left on the table has been spent, i'm getting every last nickel i can

Last edited:
Reactions: Sevendust

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’m a card carrying member of Sway Nation

6:50 M or 8:64

I’d pay him it right now back at practice tomorrow (what’s his agent cut ? Flat fee or dreaded %?)

Is more than fair

I’d give it to him now and spring for lunch at the Stock Yard with Marchy & Pasts & McAvoy to get them all back in love
Who's the mark?

Doyle Lonnegan.

Flat rate.

i hope Lohrei and Poitras are

and the team used those savings to bring in impactful signings such as <checks notes> Matt Belesky and the ghost of David Backes. If i saw how the money i left on the table has been spent, i'm getting every last nickel i can

Actually, they usually used those savings to stay under the Cap.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
So two minutes into the new season of Behind the B Sweeney said both goalies want to play 55+ games and that obviously wasn't possible, and both deserve to play 55 plus games in a season, hence the Ullmark deal

Perhaps some of you need to change the narrative that the Bruins don't feel he can handle the workload and that's why he's not signed? I know that's been a big crutch for the Swayman max year deal deniers, so I'm happy to help although it was obvious last year when they traded Ullmark for him only to void it

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If rumors are correct and he wants an 8 year deal, we are looking at 8.5-9M per year.
I cannot see Swayze settling for anything less.
Using a starting point of 7M in year one and adding 5% each year, it averages out to 8.35M over an 8 year term.

The discussion was about last year's negotiations.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Don't think that is true.

Even last season his numbers (2.53 GA, .916 SP) were nearly identical to Ullmark's (2.57 GA, .915 SP).

This top 5 stuff is based solely on a very short playoff run.

Still, I feel the Bruins will get him signed to a somewhat reasonable contract.
I’ve already provided why and it had nothing to do with playoffs and everything to do with his save perecentages every year.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So two minutes into the new season of Behind the B Sweeney said both goalies want to play 55+ games and that obviously wasn't possible, and both deserve to play 55 plus games in a season, hence the Ullmark deal

Perhaps some of you need to change the narrative that the Bruins don't feel he can handle the workload and that's why he's not signed? I know that's been a big crutch for the Swayman max year deal deniers, so I'm happy to help although it was obvious last year when they traded Ullmark for him only to void it
My plan was

Swayman 2/3rds @ 7.5 Mish (55 games)
Korpi 1/3 rd at 3 M (27 games)

About 10% of cap give or take a % or two

I’d go as high as 8.3 M 6/50 because I’m a Sway truther

35-15-5 2.10 GAA .925 SV %

(Full disclose my last 5 predictions on HF point totals I came in under so Swayman probably beats this)

Let’s go boys !!!!! 6/50 very very fair

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

I don't think most (can't speak for all) think the Bruins don't feel he can handle the workload. its more He has not proven to the Bruins he can handle the workload. two different things and I am in the camp that he only has played what 44 games as a season high and 132 total games.

He has never had to be THE guy alone and play 55-60 games. he always had a safety net in Ullmark just in case he got cold or had a bad few games. The team would be fine because they had a great SET of goalies.

I am willing to pay a little for unproven potential but not make them one of the highest paid at that position. prove it first if you want to be a top 2 paid for your position. $7M would still make him the 6th highest paid which is as far as I would go for unproven potential with one playoff round win.

My plan was

Swayman 2/3rds @ 7.5 Mish (55 games)
Korpi 1/3 rd at 3 M (27 games)

About 10% of cap give or take a % or two

I’d go as high as 8.3 M 6/50 because I’m a Sway truther

35-15-5 2.10 GAA .925 SV %

(Full disclose my last 5 predictions on HF point totals I came in under so Swayman probably beats this)

Let’s go boys !!!!! 6/50 very very fair

I am pretty much in line with you but my max would the $7.5 and would want him for closer to $7M

• Love
Reactions: BMC and MoffatMan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think most (can't speak for all) think the Bruins don't feel he can handle the workload. its more He has not proven to the Bruins he can handle the workload. two different things and I am in the camp that he only has played what 44 games as a season high and 132 total games.

He has never had to be THE guy alone and play 55-60 games. he always had a safety net in Ullmark just in case he got cold or had a bad few games. The team would be fine because they had a great SET of goalies.

I am willing to pay a little for unproven potential but not make them one of the highest paid at that position. prove it first if you want to be a top 2 paid for your position. $7M would still make him the 6th highest paid which is as far as I would go for unproven potential with one playoff round win.

I am pretty much in line with you but my max would the $7.5 and would want him for closer to $7M
Agree ~ I thought going in he got Saros deal but all changed when he started talking and the Chicklets podcast

I think he’s a great kid and spectacular talent but his agent should have told him what you say can and will be used against you - and we will handle this privately

Unfortunately the radio is killing him and Felger & Mazz can get a huge huge afternoon audience this time of year and they have him as greedy and most of the callers I’ve heard are against him ~ they are naturally feeding off his comments - pretty funny stuff by Felger on it but not a good look for the Swaychise

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Agree ~ I thought going in he got Saros deal but all changed when he started talking and the Chicklets podcast

I think he’s a great kid and spectacular talent but his agent should have told him what you say can and will be used against you - and we will handle is privately

Unfortunately the radio is killing him and Felger & Mazz can get a huge huge afternoon audience this time of year and they have him as greedy and most of the callers I’ve heard are against him ~ they are naturally feeding off his comments - pretty funny but not a good look
agree on how this looks for him in the media and with the fans. i can't remember the last time a young guy went from golden boy of the future to trade the cheap prick so fast.

Reactions: lopey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I think he’s a great kid and spectacular talent but his agent should have told him what you say can and will be used against you - and we will handle this privately

Unfortunately the radio is killing him and Felger & Mazz can get a huge huge afternoon audience this time of year and they have him as greedy and most of the callers I’ve heard are against him ~ they are naturally feeding off his comments - pretty funny stuff by Felger on it but not a good look for the Swaychise
They also control the calls coming in. They might as well be the Chiclets podcast over the air, just without any knowledge of the game.

Reactions: DKH

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
They also control the calls coming in. They might as well be the Chiclets podcast over the air, just without any knowledge of the game.
true to a point but I think Felger gets off on arguing and telling callers they are stupid so I can't see him only letting callers on that agree with him.

if anything i think he would let only callers that oppose his view on so he can bash them.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
agree on how this looks for him in the media and with the fans. i can't remember the last time a young guy went from golden boy of the future to trade the cheap prick so fast.
He signs in next 7-10 days remains engaging and happy all good

If he signs for 50 M or more and comes across upset at the shit that went on (Bruins I think got in the mud as well) the fans are going to turn on him. A bunch of people already hate Sweeney so what’s he care - but anyone flipping on Swayman is a bummer

Attitude is everything ~ be positive be grateful and avoid missing real games he will be fine

Once he gets past real games it’s a problem

The one thing that makes me hopeful he’s gone radio silence about this and sounds like is pushing for a deal

I disagree he has leverage ~ he’s an RFA passed on arbitration- no one is going to fork over 4 first round picks on an offer sheet (the main board they are barely offering a second and B prospects)

His future is at stake - the Bruins are very good and the situation is perfect for him.

To blow it up for the unknown is freaking stupid - he’s not that

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
true to a point but I think Felger gets off on arguing and telling callers they are stupid so I can't see him only letting callers on that agree with him.

if anything i think he would let only callers that oppose his view on so he can bash them.
Depending on topic, absolutely. In this case I think even he would get tired of himself screaming "BUT HE HASNT PLAYED A WHOLE SEASON AS THE GUY!" over and over, while the callers on the other end are put on forced mute.

I only assume that's how it has played out thus far, I haven't listened to 98.5 in ages.

Reactions: Scotto74

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Haha - so true….but they have a humongous audience

They say a lot of head scratching stuff about all 4 teams much of it trolling and tongue in cheek but it’s still forming opinions

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad