Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well considering both players were universally considered replacement players with awful contracts I would assume doing nothing in both cases would have been prudent.
So you would have preferred playing Ian Mitchell or Kevin Shattenkirk instead of Peeke?

And Korpisalo was part of a bigger deal. It wasn't like the Bruins wanted him over cheaper alternatives. They had to take him to move Ullmark and get a first-round pick (and Kastelic).

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This is getting silly. When Swayman signs, (I have little doubt that he will sign) all this nonsense will quickly fade away.
Yup and I think Swayman is ready

I can’t see him going the Nylander route who’s father not only made millions as a player but is on the staff of Lewis Gross sports agency lol

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Regardless of what was said beforehand, Sweeney knew it would be a risk if he traded Ullmark without having Swayman signed.

Clearly he was willing to take that risk to get something for Ullmark.
Hey, Swayman: Fark you.

To quote Talking Tina: I’m beginning to not like you.

You’re not a $9M goalie, let alone $10M and you might not even be an $8M. Get over yourself.

Don’t care if we trade him at this point.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

You’re not a $9M goalie, let alone $10M and you might not even be an $8M. Get over yourself.

IMG_1437.gif

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This is getting silly. When Swayman signs, (I have little doubt that he will sign) all this nonsense will quickly fade away.
Same stuff a few years back with Pasta. Granted, Pasta signed much earlier in the process than Sway eventually will, but same chatter was going on here and around the league.

It'll end up something that's a bit rich today, but if he continues to grow as he has every year he's been here, will turn into a beautiful deal as the cap goes up. Just secure having your elite forward, D, and G locked up for 7-8 years.

Reactions: The Un4casted Storm

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

From Swayman\Ullmark to Korpisalo, Kastelic and prospects in 5 months. Do wonders for the room.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Between 2013-2023, 61.9% of players that filed for arbitration and awarded a contract by an arbitrator or during the arbitration process (team and player negotiate a contract before arbitrator makes a ruling) ended up playing no more than 2 seasons with the team they ended up signing with.

I used "*year* Salary Arbitration Tracker NHL" to find results on Google

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Between 2013-2023, 61.9% of players that filed for arbitration and awarded a contract by an arbitrator or during the arbitration process (team and player negotiate a contract before arbitrator makes a ruling) ended up playing no more than 2 seasons with the team they ended up signing with.

Interesting. Of course a good percentage of player who fit this criteria are 2 years or less from UFA when they file for arbitratior

It is interesting data, but would actually need to see the control set etc, to really see if that number is concerning

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK

How does that % change when you look at the contract award value? Like if you looked at the players who signed under or over $3M/yr, is there a difference?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad