Value of: Jeff Skinner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
What would it take Buffalo do dump Skinner off their roster. I truly believe he is holding the team back he’s still a decent 2nd line winger but hes just not a fit in Buffalo and his contract is completely ridiculous. Once Skinner and Okposo are out of town and they resign Hall they can start building a cup contender. Would someone take on Skinner, Cozens and 1st for a lesser cap dump?

Chicago fans what would be needed to be added to Skinner for Seabrook?

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What would it take Buffalo do dump Skinner off their roster. I truly believe he is holding the team back he’s still a decent 2nd line winger but hes just not a fit in Buffalo and his contract is completely ridiculous. Once Skinner and Okposo are out of town and they resign Hall they can start building a cup contender. Would someone take on Skinner, Cozens and 1st for a lesser cap dump?

This season is just underway,so 7 seasons with a cap hit of $9m per. How much of that salary is Buffalo retaining?

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
More than Buffalo would be willing to give up, too many years left on that contract. Buffalo fans just have to hope Skinner fines some chemistry in top 6 with someone.

Reactions: FedorTyutin

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Really have to think what heck was the original idea to sign Skinner with 9M for rest of the career and put him on the 4th line ?

He scored 40 goals with Jack Eichel. Why not put him with Jack Eichel?

What's the logic of not putting him with the player he succeeded?
It was Botterill throwing dog shit at a wall hoping it would stick.

I swear, since the Pegulas bought the Sabres the amount of bad management hiring staggers the imagination. Sabres fans truly do deserve better than this.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Really have to think what heck was the original idea to sign Skinner with 9M for rest of the career and put him on the 4th line ?

He scored 40 goals with Jack Eichel. Why not put him with Jack Eichel?

What's the logic of not putting him with the player he succeeded?
Thats an easy one.The coach is an idiot

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Jeff Skinner is not even a 2nd liner on the Sabres. I don’t say this to be mean but more out of pity, the Sabres top 6 as a group is bad. He’s a pure dump as a salary and a player.

With the actual cash he is owed it has to be a 1st for every year of that gross contract. I only say that low because of how high I expect those 1sts to be.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Jeff Skinner is not even a 2nd liner on the Sabres. I don’t say this to be mean but more out of pity, the Sabres top 6 as a group is bad. He’s a pure dump as a salary and a player.

With the actual cash he is owed it has to be a 1st for every year of that gross contract. I only say that low because of how high I expect those 1sts to be.

With Eichel, at season 2018-19 (40 goal season)

5-on5 CF%
Skinner, 52.3% (team high of players with +40 games)
Eichel, 51.2%

5-on-5 GF%
Skinner, 55.6% (team high of players with +40 games)
Eichel, 49.6%

5-on-5 xGF% (team high of players with +40 games)
Skinner, 53.4%
Eichel, 53.2%

When power-play is included on these stats, they are almost identical between Skinner and Eichel. It looked like Skinner was the better force 5-on-5, not a liability, and Eichel shined more on the PP.

This is one of the most insane situation in hockey currently, imo.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Johansen for Skinner+Cozens as a basis?

Looking at his WJC statline and vaguely remembering comments about him on this board, I assumed Cozens was untouchable.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think it is more a coaching issue than anything else. Skinner has been consistently putting up 25+ goals (you can even say 40 goals is not that much of an outlier since he already scored 33 and 37 before arriving in BUF). Of course the contract is brutal but I highly doubt he forgot to score goals within one off season. Your best bet is to help him turn things around.

Keep him right now because dumping you is impossible except if you accept (which you won't and that is fine) to include a guy like Dahlin in the deal. You have to consier that Marleau has cost a late 1st to dump for 1yr at 6m, here you are looking at 7y x 9m... not sure even with Dahlin included any team would consider that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Skinner isn't bad enough to not be in the league but with that term nobody would take him even with 50% retained. That contract is the definition of unmovable.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Skinner isn't bad enough to not be in the league but with that term nobody would take him even with 50% retained. That contract is the definition of unmovable.

Yep fully agreed, not sure why he was offered this contract in a first place but well what is done is done.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

They are not giving Cozens and a 1st and taking a dump back. Talk about taking a bad situation and making it much worse.

Skinner is not bringing the team down. He is ice cold at the
Moment but will come around. The contract is brutal but he is on the Sabres doe the long haul, get used to it.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
With Eichel, at season 2018-19 (40 goal season)

5-on5 CF%
Skinner, 52.3% (team high of players with +40 games)
Eichel, 51.2%

5-on-5 GF%
Skinner, 55.6% (team high of players with +40 games)
Eichel, 49.6%

5-on-5 xGF% (team high of players with +40 games)
Skinner, 53.4%
Eichel, 53.2%

When power-play is included on these stats, they are almost identical between Skinner and Eichel. It looked like Skinner was the better force 5-on-5, not a liability, and Eichel shined more on the PP.

This is one of the most insane situation in hockey currently, imo.
Skinner is dog sh!t.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Skinner and Hall had been performing at an equally shitty-level 5 vs 5 and the powerplay points for Hall have been mostly gimmes.
Skinner was our best winger the first few games but was just really snakebitten.

Not that impressed by Hall and wouldn't offer him an extension at this point. Bad fit with Eichel, Skinner was great with Eichel but has been in Kruegers' doghouse since day 1.

Best wingers on the roster are Reinhart and Olofsson with Cozens/Skinner/Hall sharing the 3-5th place.

Best thing for Buffalo would be to get a goalie and possibly coach (Gallant).

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Thank you for your concern, Maple Leafs fan. I think we'll pass on trading away all of our good cost-controlled assets for a contract that's at least as bad if not worse.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Every person outside of Buffalo LOLd the day this contract was announced and we were told he earned it. Good luck.
Being a Sabres fan and spending the majority of my time in the Sabres subforum I can assure you the overwhelming majority disliked that deal the second it was announced.

The Sabres top 6 isn't that bad. Eichel, Reinhart, Hall, Olofsson and even Skinner are all good enough players. Staal is ok, but he's probably more of a middle 6 guy at this point in his career. This isn't a team that'll give TB or Colorado a run for their money, but calling them "bad" is hyperbole. Skinner being buried is really the biggest head scratcher of this season. He has his warts as an overall player, but he's undoubtedly offensively gifted enough to be playing in the top 6 here.

Reactions: Zach716

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

I would take that offer if Buffalo retained 2.5 million and took Neal . Not much savings for the next 2 years but year 3 to 7 it is 6.5 million .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad