Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner -- Bought Out 6/29/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Can I just say if they don’t buyout skinner because Adams can’t add a top six forward to replace Skinner this weekend, the hilarity of the incompetence will be stunning.
They should have a second buy out window post arbitration
I think KA will prefer trading him with a sweetener (1st round draft pick?) and it makes the most sense to me.

Our cupboard is pretty stacked and its more important to have cap space in the future than boatload of prospects with no positions to play them.

At 50% he has positive value. Issue is the NMC
That's the problem, why would he give up NMС? Yes, if they buy him out, he'll get 7 million less money, it seems, but he'll immediately sign a contract as UFA wherever he wants. It seems to me that it's not even profitable for Skinner to give up NMС.

Yes, hes bought out with $22M actually money left he can easily get the lost income back with a 2.5M contract elsewhere of his choosing.

Buffalo waits to buy him out in august hed likely on a $1M contract for a yr.

It be nice if he said I'd wave to go to these 10 teams. He forsnt have to fo that.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
$445k in cap space the next 4 years is practically nothing.

It really is saving $7M against the cap this year vs saving $2.45M in cap five years from now when the cap could be $20M higher.

I'll take the $7M against the 24-25 cap over $2.45M in 29-30. And for Adams, this is an easy decision as long as he can replace Skinner in the top 6 since he probably isn't the GM in 5 years if they don't make the playoffs this year or next.
In the buy out it

1.444M
4.444M
6.444M
2.444M
2.444M
2.444M

If they do it next summer it becomes
4,6,2, 2 over 4 yrs

The difference is spacr this summer vs the future dead space

I'd prefer a trade for easier cap management.

They can sign a UFA for 1 yr $8M

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It never actually leaked that Skinner was gone, all Kevyn Adams said when asked if Skinner buy-out is possible is that "nothing is off the table" and media outlets ran with it that it was a foregone conclusion that we was gone.

I really think it was dependant on if they could secure another top 6 forward.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It never actually leaked that Skinner was gone, all Kevyn Adams said when asked if Skinner buy-out is possible is that "nothing is off the table" and media outlets ran with it that it was a foregone conclusion that we was gone.

Well, he literally complained that Skinner doesn't want to give up his NMC, which means they want to get rid of him.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
If Skinner won't waive his NMC, which is his right, I'm not overly concerned about the $ involved in buying him out.

His refusal to be a 200', defensively responsible player isn't going to fly with Lindy. At 32, that leopard isn't changing its spots. He sets a terrible example for the young, talented forwards already on the roster, and several in Rochester who will see call-up duty this season, one in which the Sabres are absolutely desperate to make the playoffs. Astoundingly, his own playoff drought is longer than the team's.

Skinner needs to be gone yesterday.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

Does that smell like leadership to you when building a winning team with players you want here?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Well, he literally complained that Skinner doesn't want to give up his NMC, which means they want to get rid of him.
If Skinner doesn't want to waive his NMC and the organization feels his buyout hit will hurt down the road then we will see how he feels in the press box. Is it fair to him? Not really but if a company wants you gone and they can't fire you they will try whatever they can to squeeze you out.

Reactions: brian_griffin

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Better god damn justify this.

If this is to save Terry money, then I'm saving money too. No Sabres purchases in 24-25.
I wanted them to move skinner either by trade or buy out

But if they don't use the cap space, I hope more people are thinking along the lines you are with no sabres purchases

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Buying him out or not buying him out?
Buying him out. That opens 7.5 mil in cap THIS year, and opens a roster hole in the top 6/9. If they don't spend that money (and more), then this buyout isn't about Skinner's decline and improving the team.

It's about asshat's ecnomic efficiency.

I hope buying him out is the first in a series of moves.
If it isn't, we're a poverty franchise a la the 90s Nordiques.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Gotta figure they have a FA coming in to replace his production somewhat or I just don’t get this

Well, I will get it. Terry wants to save money. I will just be appalled.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad