Former Bruins Jarred Tinordi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
last game fans said he sucked and was a waste of a signing, now the guy`s a legend, love this place, he was brought in precisely for this reason, not necessarily to drop the mitts every game but to be some grit on a typically soft team

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
last game fans said he sucked and was a waste of a signing, now the guy`s a legend, love this place, he was brought in precisely for this reason, not necessarily to drop the mitts every game but to be some grit on a typically soft team

I like him as a guy who occasionally cycles in based on injuries and when we need a heavier lineup. I won’t like it if they try to force him as a regular part of the lineup no matter the availability of better alternatives.

I have no doubt he’s going to put in the effort every time he’s on the ice. But unfortunately I just don’t think he’s a good enough player to be part of a regular nhl lineup.

edit: just seeing the Shane Hindy comparison now. Good call

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I like him as a guy who occasionally cycles in based on injuries and when we need a heavier lineup. I won’t like it if they try to force him as a regular part of the lineup no matter the availability of better alternatives.

I have no doubt he’s going to put in the effort every time he’s on the ice. But unfortunately I just don’t think he’s a good enough player to be part of a regular nhl lineup.

edit: just seeing the Shane Hindy comparison now. Good call
I don`t think he was brought in to be a regular part of this lineup unless the injuries are too many that he`s forced to be which, right now, it looks to be that way unfortunately

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
There is no such thing as a wasted waiver pick up. It’s a no risk add.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Good teammate and not awful out there. Excellent depth pickup for the Bruins. The stronger the depth, the more it keeps the younger guys like Zboril motivated to keep playing well and not be overly complacent.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
With each injury to the back end this pick up becomes more valuable. Sometimes the small moves help a team more than the big splash. When and if the D gets healthy he may not be in the line up each game , but having a player like Tinordi available when needed is very valuable.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
First of all. As MMB said, I'm an instant fan too.

But a couple of questions.

Why was this guy put on waivers in the first place? No room in Nashville? Cap trouble?

And if this guy has some talent and toughness, why wouldn't a team ahead of the bruins in waiver selection select him first?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Why was this guy put on waivers in the first place? No room in Nashville? Cap trouble?

And if this guy has some talent and toughness, why wouldn't a team ahead of the bruins in waiver selection select him first?

1) they were probably just trying to get him on the Taxi squad with players returning from injury, although they could probably use him now

2) Half the league is using LTIR space. they shy away from waiver claims as at some point, most will need to become cap compliant. Bruins could afford to eat the $$. As of the time of the waiver claim, only NJ, LA, Detroit and Ottawa had more cap space. He wasn't going to move the needle for those teams and they had no need.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Ok I’m not fooling myself thinking he’s this or that I know what he is. BUT they need his toughness. Also for the often injured Miller and Carlo out he’s relied on into a top 6 role. It’s a good pickup but he’ll cough it up as well. If and when fans come back and he sticks around he may be a fan favorite. Not everything is about +- or this and that.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
You probably were one of the people who told me 10 years ago he’s a good kid lol

loved loved loved his dad

I've watched Tinordi play from his days in the O with the Knights. Always reminded me of Quaider. That style is dieing a bit in hockey

BUT

Say what you want, he will have good games and he will have games that make you go ugh but I truly believe come PO time hes the exact 6 D man you want as he will make some hard minutes on the other teams forwards and he is a warrior and tough as nails.

Hope the Bs give him a chance

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
He might have come to a team like the Bruins at the right time for him. When a player plays to his limits and a teams concept the results could be surprising. So far so good. He has been around too.

Reactions: veganbruin

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
He might have come to a team like the Bruins at the right time for him. When a player plays to his limits and a teams concept the results could be surprising. So far so good. He has been around too.
I agree. I for sure thought Connolly was a bust but he played in important role on that Caps cup team.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I've watched Tinordi play from his days in the O with the Knights. Always reminded me of Quaider. That style is dieing a bit in hockey

BUT

Say what you want, he will have good games and he will have games that make you go ugh but I truly believe come PO time hes the exact 6 D man you want as he will make some hard minutes on the other teams forwards and he is a warrior and tough as nails.

He can't possibly be worse than Bogosian who played a huge role for the Bolts cup win.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

BUT

They have given him a chance. He has played two games in a row.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
1) they were probably just trying to get him on the Taxi squad with players returning from injury, although they could probably use him now

2) Half the league is using LTIR space. they shy away from waiver claims as at some point, most will need to become cap compliant. Bruins could afford to eat the $$. As of the time of the waiver claim, only NJ, LA, Detroit and Ottawa had more cap space. He wasn't going to move the needle for those teams and they had no need.
Thanks for the reply Dom.

I am not as in depth in my understanding of cap and waivers.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
I'm assuming Craig Smith gave the Brass a good character assessment. He probably likes wearing the spoked B better than the putrid logo du toilet seat anyways...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad